Home Chat General Chat

RR - salisbury "Fast Twitch" Sprint

diddsdidds Posts: 655
Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Well done Didds! Great race and great race report!!!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    brilliant report Didds...congrats on smashing your time! [:D]
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Great report, the official time puts you faster, no sense selling yourself short! I like the comment about the pool exit, that was one of my fears pre-race, especially seeing all the others struggling to get out. Out of my first three triathlons today was definately the most challenging.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    nice report and it sounds like you had a good race. congrats on the time - must be really satisfying to finish so well inside your target time.

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    jibby26 wrote:

Out of my first three triathlons today was definately the most challenging.

That does make me feel even better Jibby! You time was pretty sharp buddy - well done.

I didn't have the official provisional results to hand when i wrote up the RR... majorly delighted to see they make me faster than my HRM (which I started before the swim whistle, and stopped it after the finish line).

didds

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Brilliant write up Didds. I'll have to go an search out the results to see what your splits were like[:)] Very well done - sounds like you had a good day, and interesting to see how the hot weather changes things. You don't seem to have been too unnerved by the HRM not functioning. All good experience, I guess.
  • Hillsy555Hillsy555 Posts: 19
    Excellent report, thanks for the insight and congratulations on the time.
    Jack Hughes wrote:

Brilliant write up Didds. I'll have to go an search out the results to see what your splits were like[:)]

in the bigger picture jack they are nothing to get excited over!

swim 00:09:26

bike 01:14:53

run 00:38:13

total 02:02:32

bike includes T1 and T2, swim includes some mountain climbing as well ;-)

I came DFL in my age group, but to be honest whilst I had a crisis of confidence a couple of weeks ago over this prospect I have reconciled myself to the fact i shall probably always be DFL in my age group [;)]

Very well done - sounds like you had a good day, and interesting to see how the hot weather changes things. You don't seem to have been too unnerved by the HRM not functioning. All good experience, I guess.

well, I think this is where Conehead would chip in and say, with some good reason, that for AGers like me, what does a HRM provide in terms of making me better... well, the answer is that it doesn't. But I am a bit of geek with numbers and I find it interesting [:D] And as a long term indicator of my (hoped for!) improvement ...

didds

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Hey didds - great effort and great result - and great write up. Coming DFL in age is nothing to be worried about - you finished and it was a bloody warm day.

I also get you with the HRM - mine packed up on the run yesteday .. annoying isnt it.

Just read your excellent RR too GGB...

the worst thing about my HR belt coming undone was then the belt located itself underneath the cheeks of my bum, inside my tri suit... it wasn't exactly uncomfortable, but it was rather an odd feeling too! The actual HR "blob" that attaches to the belt found its way down into the leg of my tri suit - i was worried that it might pop out of the leg and get lost, so I had to stop very briefly to extract it... i popped it back inside my suit for safe keeping and within minutes it was back down my leg again. So I ran most of the run holding it in my sweaty mitt!

didds
  • Matt 1975Matt 1975 Posts: 7
    Didds,

Nice to meet you yesterday after the event - great write up, though I think you are selling some of the 'undulations' rather short - they were somewhere close to the bottom ring of gears for me to allow me to spin up them! Pretty short and sharp!

I know what you mean about the climb out of the pool and also the run - I climbed over the style with no one in site (late swim wave so was rather dull for me in the competing against people bit!) and wondered if I was about to turn a 4 mile run into a 5.6 or 7 mile run depending on how lost I got!! Though credit to the Fast Twitch Organisers, I never did and the sign posting was fine for both ride and run.

I also didn't know it was your first tri - CONGRATULATIONS! You are a triathlete, whatever the time you finished in. As a wise soul once said (I would ove to take credit for it but it wasn't me) 'You have achieved what 99% of the population would never even contemplate even attempting'. You now have a time and you can work towards just being that little bit better (tighten HR strap slightly!!) next time!

Hopefully see you again sometime!

Matt

Matt 1975 wrote:

Didds,

Nice to meet you yesterday after the event - great write up, though I think you are selling some of the 'undulations' rather short - they were somewhere close to the bottom ring of gears for me to allow me to spin up them! Pretty short and sharp!

nice to meet you too buddy... and thanks for the heads up on the "undulations" ... I just presumed it was me being pants that needed the inner ring and low gears so often!

I also didn't know it was your first tri - CONGRATULATIONS!

well, its actually my second... first was the Cotswold super sprint last September (400, o/w /18k/2.3K) and I've done 4 aquathlons also now (750 o/w+4.6K run), but this was a big step up from that - and happy to say I finished feeling good. :-)

Next step up is Blithfield Oly in late July!

didds

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    DFL? Didnt finish last?
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

DFL? Didnt finish last?

Dead

Effin

Last

;-)

didds

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Good work didds! Thats a great time. To knock 28 mins off you expected time is almost a superhero effort!

Week done!