Home Chat General Chat

foor wetsuit sizes

hi was wondering if someone could help wanna order a foor qunatum from tri uk but i seems to fall right between the 4 and the 4.5 size do they come up small or large do i go bigger or smaller?????

all help appreciated .

cheers

mat[8|]

Comments

• grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    If they don't do one which is just right why not find a different make of suit which does fit. Pretty much every maker of wetsuit has a budget option which I believe that suit to be. Alternatively, buy the bigger one and then send it to Snugg wet-suits with your correct sizes and have them adjust it. I did the latter and I can highly recommend them.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    are you buying or renting?

if buying either have snugg make you one, by inputing about a million measurements into their website, or going to a dealer who will measure you.

It is never a good idea to buy a wetsuit of the interweb, its so crucial to get the perfect size and fit, it is a bit out it any place it will affect comfort and your swimming.

Larger places like Triuk and Tricentral in manchester have endless pool. A wetsuit really is an intimate object, and should really be tried on and swam in! Its worth the effort and time of driving to a place to buy one.

I'm just about to buy a new snugg for the coming season!
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    I bought a QuintanaRoo one from Tri UK as their sizes were a better option for me - it's a perfect fit!
  • KiwiPaulKiwiPaul Posts: 46
    starcher - I got a Foor Quantum (entry level cheapest) from TriUK a couple two years ago - real good suit and nice a snug fit. At the time I was 92/3 kg's and am 177cm tall, hence I got a size 4.5. I'm a bit thiner now so could probably fit a 4 better. I seem to recall phoning them for advice and that's what they pointed me towards. They're a pretty helpful bunch so would suggest phoning them.
  • The foor suits are seriously stretchy and flexible though, I have a 2.5 (perfect) and lent to a friend with at least a 40" chest and he had no problems with it at all. I haven't tried any other suit but seems more flexible than others i have seen in shops, for £99 seems good bit of kit to me.

Then again my Quantum has been desecrated and sustained a fair amount of damage through blacking out lettering with permanent marker, drawing batman sign on front with silver marker and wearing as part of fancy dress costume several times (damage sustained by falling over sharp edged furniture when drunk, it put lots of rips in legs of suit and took a huge chunk out of my shin), so i am probably not the most sensible man to comment on wetsuits!!