Home Chat General Chat

loved it !!! i'm hooked.

completed my first tri yesterday. "Ludlow sprint"

it was odd lengths,

400meter swim,

25Km cycle

6.25Km run

i'm guessing they didn;t have the pool all day so extended the cycle and run accourdingly.

anyway, i finished in 1:44:22.

I may not be the fastest in the world but i loved every min of it and can't wait to do another !!!

everybody was so helpfull and friendly !!!

It was my borthers first event too, he got a puncture at about 15km... thanks to the guy who threw him an innertube and pump !!! at least he was able to finnish and we learned a valuable lesson. i will now have 2 spare in case i ever see somebody else in the same possition !

for information I used this triathlon to change my lifestyle, i only started training 8 weeks ago. I used this to quit smoking and drinking and generally change the way i live. I have enjoyed the training more than anything and can now say i will be doing at least 6 events next year ! full length included.

33 years young and feel like a kid again! winter i am doing some sponserd runs and swims to keep me focused and here's to spring :)

just thought i would share that !

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Welcome to the world of tri and well done on your first event.

Also welcome to the world of red shiny carbon items that you didn't know you needed, probably dopn't but must have anyway cos it's tri baby!
  • I have also join the Club - I completed my first Tri yesterday "Roade Triathlon"

414m swim

20k bike

5 k run

Got my rather large frame (114kg of it) around in 01:35:25

All I will say is that when I started the run I had legs of jelly (imagine Bambi on ice!!)

Although I am still in a bit of pain (inside of my upper legs), I loved it and am looking forward to doing a few more next year (and hopefully training of an Olympic Distance one - if I can lose some of the pounds!!)
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Well done and good luck to all.

Remember: Consistency in training is KEY!!!
  • yeah carbon and lycra by the looks of it....

never seen so much lycra in such a small area... not sure i liked it !?!?
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    stp2
    STP2
  • triadtriad Posts: 62
    Awesome effort guys and congratulations. Always like to hear about first events - still inspires me because I remember mine so well.
    STP2