Home Chat General Chat

Dodgy track pump?

Have recently invested in my first track pump (Joe Blow Turbo) and notice that when I've pumped my tyres up to ~120 psi it becomes very hard to detach the head of the pump from the valve. This culminated today in me ripping the valve from the inner tube. Have I got a dodgy pupm, or am I doing something I shouldn't be? Can't keep forking out for new inner tubes every couple of months!

Comments

• learnerlearner Posts: 100
    Rest assured there is nothing wrong with the pump. they do tend to hold on to the valve quite tightly. I have found that if I'm in my garage when I pump my tyres up i use a smear of vasaline on the end of the pump before offering it up to the valve. if out and about i tend to use a little spit. sorry if you've just had your dinner. then instead of rocking it to get it off just twist it back and forth while keeping a little tension on it. hope this help as tubes are getting stupid expensive.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Thanks learner, had pump checked out at local shop and no problems there. Tried your suggestion tonight and is now much better, have put down to newbie user error.