Home Chat General Chat

Junk session

Thanks to a plumber who can't tell the time, an hour late start on the turbo and an interrupted bike/run brick I feel like my session tonight was a complete waste.

How do people get over sessions that failed to hit the spot, or just didn't feel right - go to town on a loaf of Soreen, hit Wiggle, go nuts on the following days session?

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Hmmm, had this today. Gutted, was looking forward to ruining myself in the pool with some tough 6x400m intervals but kept catching this really annoying old guy doing slow motion front crawl AAAAAAAAAAAAARRGHH!!! Had to settle on 3x400m intervals and some PT paddle (a bit like closed fist drill) sets.

Yes its annoying at the time but I wouldnt call it "junk". You'd feel worse if you couldnt train at all. Basicly broken sessions happen occasionaly, however, triathlons arent won on 1 single session but a mix of hard, tempo, and recovery sessions (think of tonight as the latter).

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I don't suffer from WAT (see other thread) but I do have a bad case of NITS,neighbour interrupts training session.I get kittted up,exit the house and I get collared,it doesn.t matter if I have checked first to make sure the coast is clear,my bike/run usually has to factor in a delay of 20 mins before I can start.I don't wish to appear discourteous,but my time is limited and if the old guy gets me before the gate,40 mins later and we have just reached 1947 and the session is doomed,and it is back inside to get changed for work.Not wanting to appear small or single minded the knock on delay is horrendous,a 20 min delay for my bike session means fighting against heavier traffic,the ride takes abit longer so I get to the pool 30 mins late and find one pool u/s and the other accomodating the over 50's aqua class.Point to note why do the elderly ladies insist on wearing makeup into the pool,you can taste the damn stuff in the water and the film it leaves makes the Exxon Valdez disaster look like a bike chain lube spillage.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I find I have most of my junk sessions in the pool. I rarely have them on the bike or run as I normally push through. It is really annoying though when as you say jon others interrupt the sessions, then its out of your control!