Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done this week now you are a triathlete

2»

Comments

• Thanks to my injured back - not much!

Weds - Swim

Thurs OW Swim

May attempt an interval run session tonight as movement seems to ease the pain.

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Nowhere near enough seeing as I have my first race of the season on Sunday! I have the Fear. My week has been:

Sunday - 25min sea swim, 50km bike ride

Monday - 5km run

Tuesday - 10km run

Wednesday - nothing!

Today - run tonight

Friday - swim and turbo

Saturday - short swim

Sunday - RACE.

Oh g*d, I've still got to put elastic laces in my freebie Newtons, put the tri-bars back on the bike, make sure that sick husband has someone keeping an eye on him, do at least one swim in my tri-suit, go over my list AGAIN, get LBS to tweak my gears (ooer missus) and generally panic.

Eeeek.

Blurredgirl
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    cold day Monday [&:]

run 5k Tuesday and swim drills and for the first time ever my Garmin has deined to record that 16% of it was at what it defines as running the rest at jog/fast jog that club session obviously helped[;)]

Wednesday more cold meant couldn't do 5k competition I'd planned[&:]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Blirredgirl- Panic is good it can focus the mind! Check your kit as many times as you need to its all yours! Get the gears tweeked and the bars on! You will be a star on the day. I have faith in you!

For me - Last night was written off as I have the mother of sore throats!

Today will be football but I think I have an ulcer in throat now! So it might have to wait!

Friday is a days holiday from work sop off to Glouscester keys! Night squeeze a run in the vening and then a curry!

No race for me till 21 june which is 10K so running might be it for me for awhile! Bring on sub 43 mins
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    2400m Open water swimming - lake was busy but great water temp - form is improving too :D
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    I've had enough with this dodgy rib. Off out for a cheeky 30 minute run in my shiny new newtons. If I make it back I'll tell you all about it.
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Well, I made it in one piece. Felt good to stretch my lungs and feel the sun on my chops. Considering I've done nothing but sit on my ass for 10 days I have to say I felt reasonably impressed with the Newtons. My stride felt a little shorter to start with but on my 10km route (I know I should have gone for less but I was soooooo enjoying being out I just kept going) I made the same time as my previous average. I feel sure that as I ease back into my training I will knock some time off my pb for this route. I did feel as though I needed to stretch off more than normal. It's good to be back.

Hope the sun is shining with you all.

Chris J
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    well you guys always seem to do more than me so i never really add to this bit...but here goes...

mon - nowt...enjoyed the sun

tues - cycle to pool (drills) then to work/from work (20k return cycle)

weds - run to work - 9.5k (PB of 49mins!! - very chuffed with this)

thurs - cycle to work/from work (20k return cycle)

fri - cycle to pool (drills) then to work/from work (20k return cycle)

sat - ran to pool/1200m swim (PB again - cut 25 secs of time - once again, chuffed), ran home (14k round run trip)

sun - plan to go for long cycle, then sit in park and have a few ciders [:D]

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    53 mile undulating bike this morning - beautiful sunshine, great scener, great ride, if a little hot.