Home Chat General Chat

What aero bars?

I currently own a Giant TCR alliance 0 and I have it fitted with those profile Century aero bars that I managed to blag when I bought the bike. They have served me well this season but I am always looking to get more aero. I have pushed the seat up as high as is sensible and put my bars below all the spacers. However The arm rests for the profiles seem to sit up quite high.

Does anyone know of any good clip ons for less than £100 that sit really low in relation to the bars? I have managed to find the Easton Modular Aeroforce clip ons for a shade under £70 from wiggle. Are these about as low as I`m gonna get or are there better purchases to be made.

Ta v much.

Comments

• TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    hi,

I just bought the Zipp clip on bars and I like them, I got the tape also and there really comfy,

there in the sale at:http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk/Template.aspx?prodID=3526

cheers

Neil
  • Jason NJason N Posts: 36
    that seems like an unbelievable deal!! Am i right in thinking that for £99 I get the s bend plus my choice of straight or ski type?

A great link Trisurfer........time to speak to the wife methinks!!

Cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I just bought them....... happy days.....

Wife doesn't know yet.... sour days!!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Bargain.... but, do they have any holes or cut-outs for any internal cable routing?

I've got the base-bars and the Dura-Ace bar-end shifters, cables etc waiting and ready to go for my TT conversion next year. Still looking for some cheap/light/functional ski-bend aero bars, though.
    Bopo - check these photos, looks like you can internally route cables.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=/photos/2007/tech/reviews/zipp_vuka_aero/cable_route_4

I`ve just bought them - bread and water for me for a couple o weeks.
    Glad to help!!!

I bought the zip grip tape to go with it and you get cool carbon fiber plugs to go on the end, if like me you don't have shifters mounted on them, nice bit of carbon bling!!!

I went with the straight extensions - my longest distance is only likely to be Oly. Dya reckon this was a smart move? I figured the S bends supplied would be comfy enough if I go longer/aerobic rides.

Thanks again Tri surfer - Know of any half price P4`s going [;)]
    No probs,

you better check about the s-bends being supplied, I only got the ski style, I don't think you get two sets of extension's supplied.

I'll get on the case for the half price P4!!!!

cheers
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Personally prefer the old style ones where you broke off a chunk rather than the chunky one piece one. Chocolate original only none of that minty or orangey rubbish.
    Um yeah.....just re-read the advert, looks like I`ll be getting less than I thought - Oops [:)][:)]

After doing several searches I`m still happy its a good deal though.

Britspin - you`ve no idea what you`re talking about - Old skool mint all the way!!! [;)]
    Just got mine delivered and fitted them this afternoon....

I've had to remove my LED light cause once I've fitted the aero bars, then I'v not really much room....

any suggestions????
    Will the lights go on the forks - possibly??
    good point. Will try that and see what its like.

Is this the only solution? Can you buy an extention ie so that the aero bars connect on the extension???
    Mint? Mint chocolate? I bet you like chocolate orange don't you?

How does the re-re launch of the wispa impact this important issue?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    oh! I finally get the whole aero bars chocolate conversation! I am a little slow to say the least!
    I see your point, but have to trump your gay aero with homosexual maltesers, surely a pointless 'chocolate' & where does milky way fit in ' the chocolat you CAN eat between meals'..as opposed to what? Your main meal being chocolate? A mars bar (milky way) for pudding? I don't think so...when else does one eat chocolate if not between meals?
    forget it....... I love a "marathon".......... I hate snickering in the afternoon.....

I just got this gag as well.....sooo sloooowww
    The non-technical department would like to point out the following:

1) Try putting your front light on upside down, so it hangs underneath your handlebars.

2) For extra credits, do it so it still faces forwards.

3) Cakes rise during the cooking process, biscuits do not. Jaffa Cakes do indeed qualify as a cake, albeit small and slightly pointless.

3a) Anybody that now says "But what about cheesecake?" can f*** off.

3b) Yes, yes, yes.... Same for Kendal Mint Cake. Very funny.

4) Wispa bars? NEVER! Not after that nasty George Micheal 'Careless Wispa' incident.

Coat? Mine's the lycra one with 'Orca' written on the back.

All this has got me thinking! Whats the hardest chocolate bar? For my money I think the lion bar deserves a medal. However I dont think any chocolate would win a fight with a Yorkie.

(Just re-read this thread - you can tell its the off season!!!)

Maybe its time for "What aero bars?" TP2

For brute force, what about a Toblerone, the full size one? You could easily batter a Yorkie to bits with one of those. It would also add a bit of Swiss sophistication:

"Yes indeed, Mr. Truck-Driving-Yorkie-bar, you are a big lad, but you are out of shape. No?"

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I don't think size of the bar is allowed to be an issue, I think a yorkie the size of one of em big toblerones would batter anything, plus the toberlerone will want to remain neutral right?

what about dime bar? soft on the outside (lull you into a false sense of security) and then hard as nails on the inside!
  • NobzNobz Posts: 22
    I don't know, I think the Toblerone takes some beating!

I mean with what other chocolate bar do you run the risk of injury - if you've never stabbed yourself in the roof of the mouth while eating one I don't believe you! [:D]

It takes a hard bar to come with that sort of threat!
    plus the toberlerone will want to remain neutral right?

Now everybody in the office is wondering what the hell I'm laughing at. Thanks. [:D]

All these fights would have Ferrero Rocher as Cheerleaders!!