Home Chat General Chat

Goggle eye marks

I probably do too but to be honest it doesnt bother me.

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I always get goggle marks around my eyes, If I loosen them I get water coming in, is there anything I can do about it?

Anybody else get this problem?

I'm currently using some Zoggs.

I also don't want to use the mask style goggles.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Panda eyes..another indicator of a dedicated triathlete..statement of the bleedin' obvious, so apologies I do not mean to patronise, but try a different make of goggs, I find aquasphere soft & comfortable & I don't think leave me too panda eyed...wheras my zoggs with prescription lenses do.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    With all the different types of goggles out there it's hard to choose and they arent the cheapest utem for what they do in some cases.

I have opted for the Kaiman from Aqua Sphere. They are really soft round the yes and fit well.

Do they do carbon goggles in red????????LOL
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    No but you can get the red eye look without the goggles..
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I use the mask style goggles, after years of troubles with leaking goggles .Tried almost all of them I think; In fact, I think I have the biggest once-used goggle collection of Belgium[:(].

The masks look strange,still leave eye marks, but hey: I can see where I'm going now.

And if anyone asks you can tell them the marks are due to your daily 3 hour swim practice[8D]
  • I still use the old style "Mark Spitz" type goggle that fits in your eye socket. Never had anything else that came close to the comfort I get from them.
  • had the same problem last year eyes got quite sore am now using aquasphere they my not look very snazzy but they dont leave marks!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Another vote for the Aquasphere Kaimans. Been using them for years, it seems. Very comfy.

Of course, it might be that they just happen to fit my face/head/eye shape perfectly. They could be horrible for other people.

• You probably ned to find a pair that fit better. The goggles should seal without the strap being too tight. I have tried loads of goggles and currently use Aquasphere for the pool. I have some Zoggs with High vis lenses for OW. Both of these have minimal leakage and are not "tight".

I did have pair of really chear Champion(?) that where perfect but when they got too cloudy(from scratches and chlorine) the replacemnet leaked like a sieve. They got binned and I deceid to spend a bit more for a pair that would fit.

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I try not to look in a mirror til about lunchtime, after which any goggle marks will have subsided......being generally scruffy at work most of the time I think people have come to expect it, so I'm not that bothered. :-)
  • WilkoWilko Posts: 23
    A good way to test goggles is to lightly moisten the seal with some water and put the goggles in your eyes, without using the strap. Move you head down so you are looking at your feet. If the goggles stay on for say ten seconds before the seal starts to loosen they are about right.

The more expensive end of the market there are Swans. They take a bit of getting used to, as they are hard around the eyes at first they will mould to your eyes over time. I am still using the same ones I bought when I was 17 they have lasted 8 years and counting.

I found the nose piece was always the restrictive element of the goggle and you can use a choice of a range of solid plastic or string on the Swans too so good for all of use with big hooters!
  • Aquashpere are the best goggles Ive used. The yare really soft and just kind of stick to your face. I use Kaiman for pool swimming because they are normal looking, but when I got out in open water I used Seal XP.