Home Chat General Chat

ibis hotel - IM switzerland - Nirvana

Hi all,

I am after some advice on the Ibis Adliswil hotel at IMCH, has anyone stayed there? anyone gone through Nirvana?

There are some not to good reviews on trip advisor and was after some info from Tri guys and girls who have stayed there recently.

Plan on taking my wife and young daughter (9 months) and want to make sure that they enjoy the trip and I enjoy my first IM.

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I stayed there 2 years ago it is ok - nothing special good range of food and all downhill to the IM village. It is uphill and very uphill for the return journey, there are closer guest houses right opposite the village
  • Thanks Treefrog,

Weighing up options of IMCH vs IMUK and UK coming out on top in terms of cost!!!!

Think if i hard sorted myself earlier could of done IMCH cheaper than Nirvana cost, but Switzerland seems like an expensive place. Roll on IM Bulgaria.

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Weighing up options of IMCH vs IMUK and UK coming out on top in terms of cost!!!!

Sevenspud

"weighing up options" Does that mean you havent entered yet, you will find that IMCH is already full !
  • Nirvana europe - get your race entry as well. Expensive tho 388 quid through them.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    Don't saty at the Ibis - I only saw it from the coach but it looked like a dump in teh middel of nowhere with few amenities.

I stayed at Seehotel miernoff... this hotel is 20m form trains statio9n that is 3-4stops form teh start line (zurich twon centre is 6stops away).... 40m from the lake which you can jump in and swim about in as you please.. is in a nice little village with a good italian restraunt up the road... a nice flat 20 min cycle to the start line along the side of the lake also, has a gym, nice rooms, great breaky including early on race morning.. it perfect trust me.

Oh the roads of switzerland, smooth buttery, bump free.. I loooovvvvveee!