Home Chat General Chat

First proper Tri experience - today at Eton

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    Hi Scott

I was there as well today. Had a nightmare on the swim - first tri for me and really struggled finding a rhythm - had to switch to breaststroke pretty early after having drank a litre of lakewater and one foot. Bike and run went as well as I hoped despite the strong crosswind. Came home in 1hr 17 which I was pleased with. On to the next one!
  • Hillsy555Hillsy555 Posts: 19
    Well done for you both, just take all the positives from the race and use them for the next one. As you say plenty of things to work on to.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Well done to you both. I was one of those in the first wave. Had a great swim. Knocked 4 minutes of last year's time, and I put that down to purely technique. T1 was a bit pants. Not sure why as wetsuit was off quickly. Bike was ok, not done enough training yet so lots to improve on. T2 was good. in and out very quickly. Run was great seeing I'd only started running again 2 and a bit weeks ago, had cramp as well for the first 200 or so metres, but I come to expect that now. Clocked in at 1.18. 30 or thereabouts. Great to have finished, but boy twas windy.

Hope Sunday's lot are having fun as I type. Windsor is a bit wet at the moment so hopefully they're taking care on the bike leg especially.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    well done guys! dorney lake is a bugger for head/cross winds! right then back to study for me!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Congrats guys :D - gives me a good insight into Dorney - will be there next weekend ;)