Home Chat General Chat

Swimming training Ð splitting training down in to smaller sessions

Sounds OK to me to do little and often for your technical sessions - though I'd make sure you are working well for at least 30 mins. Your point about keeping good form is right. Just make sure that you really value that longer swim as well.

*EDIT* And reading my own response it just occurred to me: if smaller sessions are what fits for you then great, do it. You fit your sport around your life. That is probably a more helpful answer than my original one!

Comments

• I think I know the answer however I would like confirmation..

My new training plan has 3 swimming session, 2 which are more drill/set specific and longer swim session, the longer session fits nicely with my Tri club session but... I can’t quite complete the whole drill/sets session in my lunch hour currently and the sessions will get longer.... therefore it would be ok to break the 2 sessions down into 3or4 smaller sessions. My thought is slightly shorter warm up and cool down then cracking on with as many drill sets that I can get into my lunch..

Is there any specific advantage to doing more drills/sets in 1 session over splitting them down in to smaller sessions. I thought little and often was better anyway and smaller session should mean better quality sessions with less loss of form..

Sorry my last few questions have ben almost rhetorical, but I just want to be sure..

Oh.. and the added advantage I can “almost” justify the money I pay for the gym membership near my work that I just use for swimming!!!

Scotty
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Agreeing whole heartedly with Bopomofo. You do what ever you need to do to get the training in. Time is what matters, and use it how you want![image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]