Home Chat General Chat

Anyone else got sunburn competiting this weekend?

So I've raced yesterday, start time of 12.30pm for 1/2 olympic Tri yesterday = pretty much un-stop sun. today was a 10am start for wokingham half marathon, totally sunny with hardly any shade.. and unsurprising I'm pretty badly sunburnt..

anyone else surprised by the weather?

Scotty

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    apparently next week has to reach highs of 28c... I'll believe it when it happens. However, it wa 15c at midlothian today when I was on a sprint. Sun was right in the face, was really good to be cycling in such nice weather.
  • Started too early to get sun burnt. Swim start was 7.45 and was done by 9. Nice day though.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Raced the Beaver middle distance tri yesterday 12:10 start, 5 hours in the glorious sun, made me scream when I got under the hot shower at home.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Ha! I slapped on plenty of my 2 year old's factor 50!

It was glorious down here on the Isle of Wight. Made me realise how lucky I was cycling over Brading down looking over Arreton valley. That's why I moved back. What a challenging ride though. The climb from Brading (sea level) is absurd! Best 2 hours of training in a long time, then jump in my local pool for some sprints. Bring on Henley, I'm feeling great!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Got a tasty red band across my forehead from cycling in Richmond park today. Thought I had it covered between the sunblock and the lid, but for some reason, there's a very symmetrical looking red band just above my eyes. Bizarre, and would be pretty funny if it was on someone else. Dammit.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Post Eaton 3/4 OD and I am sitting at home now having had a lovely evening with friends, until I suddenly felt rather hot...and my friend pointed out that I was looking rather like a lobster on my arms and face with white bits on my back..yep, definitely got sun burnt today..no sun cream and it was 28 degrees in my car at 4pm and def felt like it on the run!!!!!!!!! Needless to say the hose down at the end of the 7k run was much welcome!![:D][:D][:D]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Yup, Sunday ride..tops of ears a little tender, I clearly had my garmin on due to the large square white patch & just above my knees is a little pink.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    It was hot - I was at Eton yesterday but luckily managed to avoid the sunburn - plenty of factor 30 on first thing in the morning .. unfortunately my better half had rather red shoulders as she was watching the event ..

• han382han382 Posts: 80
    It was the other way round with me at Eton-my Wife and son had the sense to put sun crea on-I didn't and am pretty sore today. A couple of middle of the night trips to the bathroom to put anything on that was wet has helped a bit-I only hope it mosturiser!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I got it the other way around, burned yesterday when I was shopping with the gf, but not today when doing a 10k