Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit Ð Transporting & Drying

So I want to cycle to the lakes for an OW session. A couple of questions about my wetsuit:

[ul][*]When it’s dry is it ok to just roll it up and put into a backpack?[*]When it’s wet do I need to do anything else? Is the above ok when wet? How long is too long to keep it rolled up when wet?[*]When home I just hang it up in the bathroom to drip dry is that ok or do I need to anything special with it?[/ul] Any/all advice welcome.

Scotty

Comments

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Addressing the issues rasied in order:

1 No prblem sticking them in a back pack, I would recommend having a waterproof liner otherwise you'll get a wet back on the journey home

2 Idealy it's best to wash them out in clean water, and hang them up to dry, I find a wooden hanger the best. I've left mine rolled up in a bag / back of car for several days without any detrimental effect. With 'smoothskin' suits it best to unroll them as soon as possible otherwise they will crease over time.

3 Again, wash out in clean water, and hang up to dry, porbablu inside out initially, and then turn the right way round. I try to dry mine outside.

As to doing anything else, it all depends on what you've done in it. Withou confessing to anything, RipCurl amek a special cleaner called 'Piss Off' for obviuls reasons, not saying you need it, but it's good to know it exists.

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    When drying outside don't put the suit in direct sunlight