Home Chat General Chat

How much weight have you lost this week?

Comments

• didn't really want to declare this week.. however...

last week: 106.1kg

this week: 107.1kg

In my defence I did buy and eat over 1kg of pix-a-mix in preparation of the Grizzly last Sunday - perhaps not the best idea of carb loading...

I will be good this week - I promose...

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Scott - How was the grizzly and what time did you put in?

I was racing on the dorset coast that sunday and the rein and hale made it a bit unpleasent!
  • Binks..

Grizzly is up there with the Beachy Haed Marathon and Knacker Cracker 10k with hardest runs I've ever done.. I managed just a shade over 4 hours which is just over half way done the finishers list - I'm quite proud because I finished only 15mins behind the fastest runner from my club....

How was the Kamikaze??
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Oh dear! 12st 3lb on Monday, 12st 0lb today. 3lbs in two days. Hmm. That was my target weight for the 29th - well over a fortnight away.

That's a bit too much. It's all because of my strange Lent diet (no alchohol, no meat, minimal saturated fat, minimal salt, balancing omega-3 intake with omega-6 intake): Muesli with a bit of skimmed milk for breakfast. Banana(s) for mid morning snack. Tomato and Basil soup for Lunch. More banana snacks. Then a bowl of sprats (little sardiney fish things with their eyes etc still looking at you) with a sauce made from tomatoes and basil to cover up the little eyes looking sadly at you) for tea. A lot of swimming last night, so too tired to eat much.

Making up for it by eating a breakfast of a Tomato and Egg roll on the train for breakfast, and a Tuna and Salad Roll, oat flap jack and big bag of maynard sours for lunch (on the train on the way back).

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277

Well done Scott, was the pic & mix following the Chrissie W "tub of ice cream before an ironman" nutrition plan? I like it!

25.02.09 = 76.0

04.03.09 = 75.6

11.03.09 = 75.0

Have hit the race weight I set myself on 1st Jan, but think there's still a kilo or two I can shed as my training intensity increases. Got my first race in 17 days so has given me a mental boost to be where I want to be.
  • @ Jack

I wouldn't worry too much about quick drops and gains - after years of starting diets I have learnt I can manipulate my weight by about 7lbs in 3/4 days.. I'm geeky and weight myself everyday so I've really seen a pattern in my weight loss... traditionally Friday mornings are my best days and Mondays are my worst.. and they can vary by a couple of Kilos, depends on the diet over the weekend :)

At some point I'm going to start a debate over the Calories in < Calories out statement becaause it's no way as straight forward as that (in my opinion)
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Not normally a poster to this thread, but I lost 2kg last week due to stomach bug so thought I'd share!

Unfortunately it also put me out of last weekend's duathlon :-(
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Scott - Glad you enjoyed the Grizzly.

The Kamikaze was great! i have never run such a hard hilly event! It was hill after hill with rivers to run through and mud every where. I Finished a really repectable 112th with a time of 1.52HRS. I was muddy as hell but really enjoyed the evnt. I would recommend it but its a bit expensive at £23 for 7 mile race!

Good run for the grizzly mate!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I'm on a plateau at the moment but I'm about to undertake my new training programme and get going on the lightweight diet so I should see some results soon
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Interesting thread but probably a bit pointless.

Its interesting then when i started to train for a tri, i to thought it was all about losing weight.

I can tell you its not

If you eat correctly and train correctly, you will lose weight without even trying.

However think about this.

Your body needs energy for you to train longer and harder, ergo the more you eat the harder you can train.

( ITS NOT AS SIMPLE AS THAT BUT ITS TRUE)
  • 4th March - 92.5kg

12th March - 90.6kg
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Thanks for all of that info Jack. Yes I have been thinking I should start a training/diet diary. I don't have a heart monitor/ Garmin type thing which should be my next investment- maybe the diary and having an accurate record of what I've done is the way to go. I have been eating virtually vegetarian in the weekday evenings ie. just veg etc and am now on veg overload!!! I also think that writing running times down etc would help as I always forget what my previous time was.. memory like a goldfish..

Drinkwise.... well I probably don't drink enough per day. Just water, weak squash, the odd coffee at work (2 a day?) and aforementioned isostar powder drink during heavy workouts. As for the booze, well my mates already think I have become boring enough! Would love to say that I could cut out alcohol totally but I think this would be a step too far personally for the level that I am trying to achieve. I am getting a lot of positive comments about how I look etc and I am pretty happy with me as I am but my concern is really running and putting extra stress on joints hence asking for advice on weight loss.

I will try drinking more water and see if that helps a bit. I do think a lot of these training type diets are based around guys; I haven't read into it all a huge amount but will try and get some books on it all as I really have very little idea about nutrition.

Thanks,

Bex

P.S. @ Jelly legs I never entered the tri wanting to lose weight- just wanted to finish the damned thing! However having started training I worry about running when I could be slimmer and hence faster!

P.P.S. sorry for highjacking the thread with the boring ins and outs of my diet everyone else...
    Its' starting to shift 74.6kg this morning.

On the low carb/high exercise diet
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    I didnt write it but i can copy and paste

Endurance athletes in particular benefit from fuel-efficient complex carbohydrates because of the extra calories burned each day. You need to aim for even more total carbohydrates than the suggested 50 percent. You can eat (in fact, may need to eat) more total calories without worrying about weight gain. The average runner training for a half marathon and running 20 to 25 miles a week probably needs a daily caloric intake near 2,500 to maintain muscle glycogen stores. As your mileage climbs beyond that, you need to eat more and more food, not less. In all honesty, this is why a lot of runners run, and why they train for marathons. Their common motto is, "I love to eat."

Some people seeking to finish their first marathon, however, are more than 15 pounds overweight--or they think they are. So they also attempt to lose some additional weight by dieting. To a certain extent, this isn't a bad idea, assuming you choose your diet prudently. Those who choose a fad diet that lowers carbohydrate intake make a major mistake. That's because most fad diets fail to provide enough energy for endurance activities. Stay away from the so-called "Zone," "Adkins," or "40-30-30" diets Their emphasis on low carbohydrates is merely a short-term fix to losing weight.

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    13 march 6.00PM: 64.7kg

13 march 6.02PM: 63.6kg

Now that was a loo visit to hell and back!!!

BTW- i'm being sarcastic(for the ones missing the point). The whole weight loss numeric thing is so vague!? I can easily lose 2kg in an hour, but I bet I'm not healthier then. Losing weight is great if you have too much of it, but for people like me who have an off-season weight of 64kg, there is no point in it. I don't want to be an as%*;#e, just trying to understand the big deal about the flexible numbers.

Rant over.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Gillian McKeith, the pooh lady in every sense of that statement. Un qualified, unpleasant & misinformed.

• I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com

• lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    After 3 really good weeks (lost 1 1/2 lb's each week) this week has not gone so well! why is it always two steps forwards one step back?

• I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com

still going downward 73.2kg immediately after the century cycle and 74.8 after food.

Its going down now at last, I'll be interestd in my true weight (morning post pee) tomorrow

2/3/09: 12st 4lb (78kg 23.3 BMI)

9/3/09: 12st 3lb (77.5kg 23.2 BMI)

16/03/09: 11st 13lb (75.75kg 22.62BMI)

More significantly, edged under the 15% Mark - 14.5% mark for body fat perentage.

A lovely light morning this morning - It's great to wake up when there is a bit of light in the sky!
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    5'11 and 72kg. Don't think Ill be losing much more.
  • Back to where I was 2 weeks ago..

Last week 107.1Kg

Today 106.1Kg

let's see if I can move it he right way again this week...

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Broke my toe two weeks ago so went back up to 99.1 kg.

Today - 98.3 kg!!!!

All that swimming is changing the body shape though, just started back on the bike at the weekend and my legs felt heavy.............. :-(
    True weight was 74.2kg this morning and 73.4 immediately after the turbo session. I can now feel it shifting!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Rock and roll

16/03/09 - 98.3 kg

23/03/09 - 97.4 kg.

Come on the magic 95kg by end of May!!!!! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
    02/03/09: 12st 04lb (78kg 23.3 BMI)

09/03/09: 12st 03lb (77.5kg 23.2 BMI)

16/03/09: 11st 13lb (75.75kg 22.62BMI)

23/03/09: 12st 01lb (76.66kg 22.89BMI)

Hmm.. Was 11st 12lb on Saturday morning. The missus declared that she doesn't like skinny blokes, so has been trying to fatten me up. I'm just lean, I tell her!

Had a Thai meal on Saturday night. Then a chinese late on Sunday night, but had to get up early to get to London, so weighed myself at 4am. All that extra weight will be gone soon as missed breakfast, only a little sandwich for lunch and am too exhausted to venture out of the hotel to find something to eat. Or to go swimming in the club next door to the hotel, which is why I chose this one. Body fat percentage is still the same though, so that is OK. Settling below the 15% mark now.

Had to get a new work suit on Sunday, as have changed shape too much, so only have one left which will fit. I went through a phase of being the right shape for off the peg clothing. But now a pair of trousers which fit round the waist are too short in the leg. And the jacket that is paired with them is too tight round the chest. If I get a jacket that fits, then the trousers are too big. Tried on a load, and managed to find one that the jacket fits, and the trousers aren't too big, but probably will be in a little while. No wonder I was being fattened up. Was only allowed to go to TK Maxx, so the suit was pretty cheap - but this triathlon lark is proving to be even more expensive that I could have imagined - not only do I need all the tri gear, but I need new real world clothes again.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I feel your pain Jack, suits are a b*tch as my smaller waist and larger thighs don't seem to go with suit trousers. I either end up with pants that are too large round the waist (Barry Bethal style) or too tight around the thighs that accentuate my, ahem, lunchbox - if I wanted that I'd just go to work in my trisuit [:D]!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I'm just scraping under 85 kilos for the first time in years. Being out of work and moping around the house makes it bloody hard to avoid the kids' snack cupboard, though.... I have placed the fruit bowl directly in front of it.