Home Chat General Chat

Which tire do you use?

I'm looking to get a pair of new tires, not sure which ones to go for.

Ideally i'd like to train and race on it with good puncture protection, as i live in Cornwall n roads pretty crappy in places.

Dont want to spend more than £50 really.

Any ideas?

Cheers : )

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Them Continental Tyres in 220 this month look good. Im looking for a pair and I think im going for them.
  • Yh jus had a quick flick, what page they on?

Thanks,

Matt
  • continental ultra race on mine, the ones with kevlar, not the flat ones..

all the roads round me are being dug up and theres flint on allmost all of them, since changing ive gone from at least 1 punture a week to 0 for the last coupke of months( currently looking round for a bit of wood to touch)

they were £17.00 each and a very good buy, they're heavy but i want that in the winter

i've just realised the comment on the 'wood' will bring me some earache

happy shopping!!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Continental best for puncture avoidance, Vittoria evo for speed & grip in dry slightly wet conditions, Veloflex for speed in dry conditions but prone to punture
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    I use michelin pro3 race, find good deals on pairs on ebay. Very quick, excellent puncture protection, and very good grip
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I'm trying to decide between the michelin pro 2 lights/pro race 3s, schwalbe ultremos and vittoria diamantes anyone got any opinions?

I will only be using them for short course racing so rolling resistance/speed get more priority than puncture resistance.
  • Cheers guys, i've gone for the conti GP off of wiggle. They seem to be just wot i'm lookin 4 really : )
  • Just changed my tyres to Conti GP 4000S...wow what a difference !!

Unfortunatly this means I can no longer blame the bike.

• puddlespuddles Posts: 37
    i tell u wot guys, what a difference my new tires have made. I went 4 the Conti GP's. they are so much better than the michelin spedium tyres i had before.

I'd recommend them to any 1 lookin for new tires : )
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    better in what way?

grippier? less punctures? faster? more red in the beading? more comfy?
  • pigsy65pigsy65 Posts: 25
    Puddles, which GP's.....Triathlon,4000's ???

Pigsy
    al-ford: Yeah they a lot more comfy and faster, much more grip especially in wet which inspires confidence. I've not done enough miles on them to comment on punctures yet. I'm no pro and only been training since last summer, i dont no what u mean more red in bead?

Anyway cheers

Pigsy: Just the Grand Prix 2009.

They were reviewed in issue 231.

Here's a link to wiggle

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Continental_Grand_Prix_Tyre/5360041128/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/c/Cycle/7/Tyres_-_Road_Race/

Cheers : )
  • Terryandrewsmall,

You're on the wrong website for that sort of thing!!!!!!!
    If u no a better place let me know, i'm all for saving money : )

Cheers