Home Chat General Chat

Tri/Aero bars

I'm looking at getting some tri bars but dont have much of a budget at the min- i'm an apprentice.

I'm looking at Profile T2 Draft-Legal Aero bars or Profile T2 Plus Clip On Aero Bar Extension from wiggle. i like the look of the T2 plus better but are they 'legal' in normal tri's? i'm new to the sport but would like to do a full season nxt yr and hoping to do some of the bigger events london windsor etc. Are the T2+ legal or not, any advice or product suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks [:D]

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    For us mere mortals where drafting is not allowed - hoorah - then the T2 Plus is legal. You may want to look at this topic on Flat vs Angled aero bars posted by alanford:

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=20293&mpage=1&key=&#20293

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    STP2
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Hey,

I'm new to this triathlon crack!!!

just bought the Zipp clip on vukas, I tried them out at the weekend and found them really comfortable and I also felt the position I was in was much faster,

I got them in the sale at - http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk/Template.aspx?prodID=3526

hope this helps

cheers
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Tri bars/aerobars are largely personal. The best bars depend on the set up of your bike. You should take your bike to a shop and quite literally get measured advice. The expensive ones are so because they are lighter but can be as comfortable or uncomfortable as cheaper ones.

Also do not go into the Local Bike Shop, get measured listen to their advice and then go home and internet the same slightly cheaper - this will garuntee you a poor reception if you go there again.

• puddlespuddles Posts: 37
    Hi guys thanks for the advice!!

I went to Certini in Saltash (my nearest decent bike shop which sells them- about 40 miles away) and decided on the profile bars where the elbow pads flip up. They're £80 but havnt picked them up yet and cant remember the model. Thanks tho [:D]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    from memory that would be profile air stryke, i may be wrong however!