Home Chat Race Chat

New Forest Middle Distance tri - 21st Sept

Anyone doing this? Realling looking fwd to it although didn't realise how hilly it was going to be when I entered!

Comments

• transittransit Posts: 163
    Well, I did it and it was brilliant and cos noone else on here did it?? I can strongly recommend it as a fun but tough Middle distance event - although a guy who overtook me on the run went for a poo which was scarey, beware!!
  • good for you mate, how did you do , better or worse than you thought.
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    Cheers Jelly, Went much better than I thought, the whole race went super smooth which makes me feel guilty...I went too quick, did 5h23 (31st place) Original target was 5h30m top 100 however, if I'd known how hilly the course was I would have targetted 5h45m top 100 so as you can imagine I'm chuffed to bits. Bring on Ironman!
  • What a great event... having done the HIM at Wimbleball for the last couple of years, and Ironman Austria, wanted a good end of season race at this distance... It delivered...

Perfect weather, great scenery, challenging bike course (and bonkers run course). The atmosphere was better that the official HiM even though the event was a quarter of the size.

As always, had a poor swim (mostly doggy paddle!!), a really solid bike and an ok run. The bloke who went for a poo was my mate - in a black & white 2XU outfit. Most sobering.

Anyway, a must-do event for me... unless I get a pass for IMUK which will probably be a week or two before.