Home Chat General Chat

weights and tri training

Hi guys,

Am just planning my training for next year and am looking to incorporate some weights into my programme.

My question is: Should I do my cardio (be it swim, bike or run) and then my weights or vice versa?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I don't think it really matters, however I'm happy to be proved wrong, I often do a weights session followed by a key swim.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i always do any strength training after my cardio sessions. i feel that i would rather do the cardio with my muscles fresh to keep my form, otherwise i feel like i might be training my body to remember poor form. dont know if thats true or not!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Supremely well put Jon, adding that muscles work best when warm so some form of cardio is appropriate anyway.

Training muscles to woek whilst fatigued is part of tri trainin..hence bricks, so resistance training after cardio will assist in this under controlled conditions, whereas the opposite way round would not be the case. That said the other way round would be worth doing sometimes just to force adaptation, but still with a good warm up first.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Excellent, thanks guys.

I've been told that planning my training is key - so thought I'd best get it right!!

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Definately do your cardio first. Cardio after weights can undo all the hard work.