Home Chat General Chat

this is it. thank you and goodnight

EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
i'm off to lanzarote for my first ironman - many thanks to everyone for their advice especially those who are up for peeing on the bike. If i ever want to think about triathlon again i may post a few words about what it's like. I hope everyone else has good races and achieves their goals for the 2009 season.

i'll be at windsor in June banging on about how i've done an ironman so do feel free to come and give me a slap.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    All the best,don't forget the factor 50 sun block.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Good luck with that! Talking of slapping I slept so heavily last night that I woke up with my own handprint on my face- still noticeable by the time I got to work prompting colleagues to ask what I'd been up to....er...
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    All the best Edtsg - enjoy the sun, warm weather, scenery etc and ignore the wind ;)
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    #best of luck,full report on return

S11
  • LimeycatLimeycat Posts: 29
    Good luck - and if you DID shave down, I hope it has the desired effect(s) [;)]
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Zinc cream for the nose!
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Anybody who takes part in an Ironman is a hero in my books - I humbly salute you! Best of Joy - it has nothing to do with luck anymore after all the training you have done ...
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    just2tri wrote:

it has nothing to do with luck anymore after all the training you have done ...

Geoff Boycott - "You make your own luck"

Gary Player - "The more I practice, the luckier I get".

didds

• pippip Posts: 170
    Good luck mate you have my full respect doing an Ironman,enjoy[:)]
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    good luck.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    SLAP

Just wanted to be the first!!