Home Chat General Chat

WHY RED?!

2»

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    To follow on from the black wool trisuit - You should reaslly use that wool that itches like a bitch as it will make you faster. You wont be able to slow as you will want to get it off!! Now thats the pure tri way!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Jon_g..and I bet they still say..'sorry mate I didn't see you'.

Black woollen, black woollen.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    E mail from British Triathlon this mornin..'England is red'....so no medals for us in 2012 then...black & woolly is the way to go, I shall e mail them immediately, implore them to cancel the sponsorship with Adidas & start negotiations with Sirdar knitting patterns.
  • Does RED blood streaming down you shin count as a training aid ?

(New shoes, cleats too tight).

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I was afraid of getting a red bike as I feared the excess speed would suck all the air out of my lungs, that's why I went for white and lime green!

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    @Zacnici: really, did you have to post a picture? There is only one bike you could possibly have been talking about in that colour scheme. Nice ride. Apart from the colour.

@Tri~Dwarf: don't take all your red kit back: give it to your Granny so she can use it as patterns for all your britspin-special black knitted stuff.

oh... hang on.... I've spotted britspin's plan: At the next Tri we will all be drowning in our baggy water-filled itchy wool tri-suits while he sprints off into the distance in his glorious red carbon hot pants, sliding over his porridge-powered shaved legs.

He'll probably have his aero hat on backwards, though.

Did I get enough forum ideas in that post, or did I miss some???? Over to benny.
    I was really busy at work today when it hit me!

This Black woolen tri suit in the itchy wool will get bleached by the chlorine. So if Scott the pink had a red one to start off with he would end up pink after the swim!!!

Am I thinking to much here!

RED RED RED RED RED RED!!!! Wool REDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDRed!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention RED1
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nobody will ever agree, so I asked google:

"White winning Colour": 12,100,000 hits

"Black winning Colour": 7,500,000 hits

"Red Winning Colour": 6,400,000 hits

"Green Winning Colour": 5,410,000 hits

"Blue Winning Colour": 4,630,000 hits

"Orange Winning Colour": 1,920,00 hits.

So there you have it.

There has also been some research into football teams, and, apparently, those in Red do best: (Man U, Liverpool, England in 1066 or whenever it was).
    I think we lost to the french in 1066 held at hastings I believe.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Bopomofo wrote:

@Zacnici: really, did you have to post a picture? There is only one bike you could possibly have been talking about in that colour scheme. Nice ride. Apart from the colour.

@Tri~Dwarf: don't take all your red kit back: give it to your Granny so she can use it as patterns for all your britspin-special black knitted stuff.

oh... hang on.... I've spotted britspin's plan: At the next Tri we will all be drowning in our baggy water-filled itchy wool tri-suits while he sprints off into the distance in his glorious red carbon hot pants, sliding over his porridge-powered shaved legs.

He'll probably have his aero hat on backwards, though.

Did I get enough forum ideas in that post, or did I miss some???? Over to benny.

EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just trying to help)[8D]
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    Had to change my pic to show off the red and black number - it's blurred 'cos I'm just going so damn fast!
    It must be woollen then if you are going that fast!!!!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    I wondered what the itching was...I thought it was the chlorine leaking out of my skin, but no it's the woolly tri suit.

Oh yeah forgot to mention - the handlebars slipped just as I was coming out of T1 hence the rather low hand position. Repeat daily...I must check my bike before each ride...I must check my bike before each ride...I must check my....
  • in the black corner......... we have me and conehead

in the red corner........... we have just about everybodyelse

lets get ready to rraaaaaauuuuuuuuummmmbbblllllllllleee
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    I'm a black kit blue bike kinda guy but I think i'll be going for bright [color="#ccff00"]yellow this season, cos I cant really think of another popular Tri color if only there was a thread or two discussing colours eh!!!!

Mat

[/color]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Lots of interest in red I see - I kind of stay away from red - it makes you look faster but unfortunately doesn't make me faster - I was thinking more black and blue - only bit of red on my bike is the back light - I do have red and white runners though. Having said that I do beleive my Tri shorts contain some red white and blue .... ahh decisions on colours I usually leave that to the misses ;)