Home Chat General Chat

Corporate Triathlon Logistics

Hi,

I was thinking about organising a corporate (not sure if that the right term; the one you can do in the gym using a rowing machine, static bike and treadmill??) tri for work colleagues and was looking for some organisational pointers.

For instance:

- Is it best done on the same equipment for each competitor if we're not too serious about absolute equity, or could we use two machines to speed up the process and to give folk that race experience?

- What sort of distances should we aim for on each piece of equipment? I guess we're limited by static boredom, folk on lunch breaks and hogging shared equipment. There will be a mixed bunch of abilities too, so I was thinking about 10km bike and 2.5km run. I don't spend much time on a rowing machine so I've no idea what's reasonable.

- I’m assuming we should ask the gym's permission so we can reserve machines to give competitors clear transitions.

There are probably heaps of other things to consider, so any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I would ask first, get your fitness manager/instructor on board, get input from them, they will be aware of usage patterns & possibly have organised one before so can be a useful source of info on what works & not, timings, distance etc & when best to do this, also adding a sponsorship/fundraising element adds to the organising load, but makes a 'yes' off the gym a little more likely than what can look like a corporate ego trip....if you contact Diabetes UK they run (or ran) The Big Tri, which was a gym based thingy which comes with a big organisers pack.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    On the tritalk site they have distances for gym triathlons - sprint, olympic and ummm...longer. People post their times up which can give you a feel for how long it will take and they also have a set of rules