Home Chat General Chat

Comments

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    A little advice needed:

I saw the following Ribble Bike in Halfords the other day for £899:

Ribble Nero Corsa. It has a carbon frame and full Ultegra group set. I can get it for around £570 through my company cycle scheme and pay for it monthly.

Does anyone have any experience with Ribble? Are they any good? I currently ride a 2006 Specialized Allez, which has served me well. I wasn't planning on upgrading until i could afford a decent carbon affair with decent spec. This seems pretty good to me, but is the price decieving?
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Thanks for that - already read the review, but they had a more expensive Dura Ace one.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    oh ok.. well its funny you mentioned ribble.. i seen an add in another tri mag (yes guys im sorry) show 2 sexy tri/TT bikes. so was looking around. Anything carbon at that price is decent though.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    go to ribbles website and have a look at their TT bikes £1299

look at it in Internet Explorer though. Firefox and Chrome wont load the pages

• I have the Nero Corsa with Ultegra. £899 seems a _very_ good price, I think I paid £1100 for mine direct thro' Ribble. (but on a Cycle to Work scheme too) just before Xmas last year.

Have to say, as my first 'proper' road bike since my teenage days on a variety of Raleigh racers, I'm blown away.

It feels very light, seems well put together (no loose bits etc), and the frame itself is nicely shaped.

I can't think of anything negative.