Home Chat General Chat

Inner tubes -NEWBIE Question!

Please can someone let me what inner tube i need. I have a trek roadbike with Bonntrager Race wheels and 700x23 tyres......when i look on wiggle i get various options.....what do i need to get...Presta 42mm 700x18-25 or some other type...please help! What does the 42mm mean?


  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    42mm is the length of the valve, which you only really need to worry about if you have deep rim wheels. 700 x 18-25 is the size of the inner tube. Pretty much all road wheels are now 700cc, with a few 650cc for smaller bikes. The 18-25 refers to the width of the tyre that these inner tubes can fit. Youre tyres are 23 so these will fit fine. Hope this helps!
  • thanks buddy [:D]
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    PS Presta is the type of valve used, presta is what most road tubes have, the other one is schraerdar (sp??) which is what are used in cars and MTBs.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Make sure your valve length is correct, aero wheels require a longer valve
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have a set of easton EA50s, they are slighly deeper than normal rims, so require a longer valve, so check how deep your rims are.
Sign In or Register to comment.