Home Chat General Chat

On board tools/puncture kit?

Is it normal to have a toolkit/puncture kit with you during the race? If so then what is the best method? I found this (see link below) but don't know if its suitable.....i purpose what i really would like to know is if its normal to carry one?

[link]http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk/product/131/Topeak_Compact_Tool_Wedge_Bag_with_QuickClip[/link]

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Depends on how willing or able you are to fix a mechanical if it occurs. Only take what you are happy & confident in using on roadside, for me that is allen keys & tyre levers, innertube & pump.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Britspin wrote:

Depends on how willing or able you are to fix a mechanical if it occurs. Only take what you are happy & confident in using on roadside, for me that is allen keys & tyre levers, innertube & pump.

This is me too.

You might want to take a CO2 cannister for super-speedy inflation but I don't bother.

Some folks might take a repair kit but if you have a spare tube there's not much point - fix the punctured tubec at your leisure when you get home.
  • Spare tube, levers and pump for me. Figure if you're gonna pay all that money to do the comp. you may as well finish. Even if it is further down than you wanted. The satisfaction of finishing is still pretty good. Have to say that first race I did last year I passed two guys who were half way round bike course and had suffered punctures. Neither had spares. I didn't either at the time but always carry now. Long walk back for those fellas.