Home Chat General Chat

Does anyone actually have a job?

2»

Comments

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Well i nearly quit mine yesterday! due to the adverts our firewall is stopping access! the forum still loads though so the resignation letter went back in the top drawer!

Day off today though!!!!
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Work is just a nice 9 hours of rest in between training sessions, unless its pool time at lunch, then its just in the way.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    ummm cost saving analysis or chatting about tri??? ooowww such a hard one??
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well I started work when I was 16 (studied for both my degress whilst working -not recommended!) - anyway so that's 35 and a bit years I've been doing it, you must admit that I have given it a fair chance; I have come to the conclusion I don't like it.

Now triathlon on the other hand!

In fact why don't we set up a PM's petition - with unemployment rising why doesn't the government set up a scheme to pay us an allowance - say equal to our current salaries, to allow us to train and compete (and of course an anuual tri bling allowance) and then the unemployed can take over our jobs.

Simples!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Loving the idea, how about we ask for a..oh I don't know..'second home allowance' for those training camps, and an attendance allowance for showing up & be able to claim for a cleaner perhaps..nah, no one would agree to that would they?
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I can't believe I missed this thread because I was busy doing work! Tsk, what kind of commitment does that show? I feel slightly ashamed.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    You never know! Anyone want to go halves on a cleaner? If its good enough from the Brown monster then we all should be claiming that back!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I booked myself onto a 70.3 on 7th June, on the grounds that I've got nothing better to do and it will force me to bring up my training a bit (actually, a lot).

But disaster has struck! I appear to have accidentally got myself a job! Fantastic timing - not a sniff for 3 months then as soon as I set myself a stupid target along comes a nice 3 month contract.

I'll still do the race, it's just going to hurt a lot more than I'd planned. Work + travel is going to keep me occupied for about 12 hours per day. Going to be hard to fit in those 3hr + 1hr bricks [:(]
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Great news on the job front Bopo!

Surely they'll let you take a 4 hour lunch break if you ask nicely?

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    The new job news is a great thing to hear Bopo!

I am sure the race you have lined up is well within your range. After all is said and done the race is gonna happen and you will nail it!
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I can't believe I just logged on and garyrobers and conehead are both offline !!!!

Friday 08th May 2009 at 13:34

Remember that date

Must be a first
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Thats cos Gary is making my tee shirt [:)]
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Glad to hear you have a job Bopo - now you can spend all that new money on kit and entering events.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well done bopo! Great news, and about time too. You'll now be able to spend all the money on go faster kit in a desperate attempt to make up for the training you are no longer able to do [:)]
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    absolutely nothing to do with tri's but my work has decided to rid us of our waste bins...most peculiar and we are discovering very harsh, particularly as I like to eat...alot during the day, so rubbish accumilating on my desk now..however time and motion studies tells me that it takes as long to walk to the 'communal recycling bin' as it does to log on, view comments, make some comments and log off - marvellous!!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Well im at work at the moment, dont tell the boss....

Joolz they did that here too, as if its going to make us recycle! now i just have a filthy office