Home Chat General Chat

Recommendations for comp with cadence

The Garmin 310 XT is right at the top of my shopping list!

I have the 405 which is good.

Of course, there are many, many device to choose from. The 310 XT is aimed at Triathletes though - so you can swim, bike, run with it. The pricier garmin device use "ANT" for their wireless communication. Other manufacturers are starting to support this - for example, you can get a PowerTap type thing which will talk to your Garmin device (you would have to be very rich to afford this though :-).

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I've got the Polar CS200cad - wireless HRM with cadence and got no complaints so far. I paid over £100 for it, but that was Autumn last year so prices may be coming down now.

Do like the look of the 310 XT though...
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Thanks for the replies, the garmin looks great but a little out of the price range. Might check out the polar though.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I have been using (for last 6 months or so) a Cateye V2C, its wireless, and measures everything you'll need, speed, av speed, max speed, cadence, av cadence, max cadence, time, 100 laps blah blah blah......... its very good indeed. Also it fits to your stem so you can use it no probs with tri-bars (v important!!).

There som good deals out there for this model, I think mine cost me £75ish. And for a computer of this quality (cateye very respected make) thats fairly good value.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Cheers MG, I was actually looking at the V2C. Ive got a strada at the moment and like the cateye stuff.