Home Chat General Chat

fitness competitive sports certificate

I have been looking into doing the Italian Xterra as my first offroad triathlon. The scenery and race look fantastic.

However, it seems that you need a "fitness competitive sports certificate in order to compete. Can someone tell me what this is and how I can obtain one in the UK?

"Who can take part in XTERRA ITALY?

All elite or age group athletes having turned eighteen and in possession of a fitness competitive sport certificate can take part in XTERRA ITALY. Furthermore, all athletes must be members of their country's Triathlon Federation."



  • Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I seem to recall in Cycling Weekly a mention that any level of cyclist in Italy that wishes to compete has to have some sort of MOT that is conducted by a doctor before being allowed to race, what is included I am not sure, but contact the organisers & book an appointment with your GP.
  • Options
    BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Italian sport is very hot on screening young athletes, alot of emphasis is put on cardiac screening. There is a chance you may need an ECG before competing, or it may not be as in depth as that.

Sign In or Register to comment.