Home Chat General Chat

The Forum buddies charity meet!

Comments

• jthetjthet Posts: 45
    Living in Portugal.....but have plenty of space on the sofa for you all......

As such, if I send my forum T-Shirt can it compete in my absence?
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Count me in...I'm in St Albans but am always happy to travel... have nothing pencilled in after Blenheim apart from a long holiday (I wish), winning the lottery and generally making friends with my flat! But whatever date you set, then will def try and make it! Perhaps we could get 220 to sponsor it or one of the advertisers...worth a punt and happy to make calls!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I'm up for whatever. 20th Sept idea sounds good though.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    I'm based in Wimbledon but am willing to travel anywhere that I can get to via train...

I've got Wimbleball 14/6, Antwerp on 2/8, and Run to the Beat 27/9.

The 20th of Sept works pretty well for me, and the entrys going to T-Laws would be a great idea. I probably couldn't "race" an event then, since I've got that A-ranked 1/2 mary the following weekend but would definetely be down for a swim-cycle-jog on the morning.

Camping that would sure be a laugh, be fun to meet you lot!

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    how easy is litchfield to get to is it near a train station
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Chase race 20th Sept it is! Ill look into campsites and local b&bs etc. Conehead ill PM you my contact details and we can sort out entry etc. Maybe even have the ellusive 220 wave, although i would be concerned in giving support or advertisment to the magazine if they arent willing to support in any way!
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    shame am in nepal for the hole of september [&:] but will send my vibes from some campsite somewere.....
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Chase race 20th Sept it is!  Ill look into campsites and local b&bs etc.  Conehead ill PM you my contact details and we can sort out entry etc.  Maybe even have the ellusive 220 wave, although i would be concerned in giving support or advertisment to the magazine if they arent willing to support in any way!

Lovin' this energy! Lets make sure this happens....

Gazza
    Tis in the diary, although might be worth pointing out that the 20th is a Sunday & a day off the next morning most likely required!![:D]
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Alas I'm not around. Poor form I know. Hope to see everyone at some stage.

I'm at Eton Satuday next week. Windsor Oly, London Oly, Vitruvian and possibly Sandy Balls in the New Forest for their Duathlon in October.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i'm from londontown and will travel anywhere....

doing henley on 21 June

London super sprint on 2 Aug

Sprint in Oz on 13 Sept....

so damn it i might not be back in time!!!! can we pls try and organise another event later in the year????? loving the idea tho!
    Brizzie im sure once this runs smoothly we can make it a regular thing!

Four of us are meeting up at heron lake near heathrow on sat, if your about
    i'd be up for that clarkey except i don't have wheels - the 4 variety kind.....thanks for offer tho....
    where you come from? theres a few of us scattered about.

Anyways ive found a campsite, although its about 10 miles from the tri start, reasonable prices and they hire a marque too. I left a message for them to contact me!

If you want to look the site is beehive farm woodland lakes.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    That's the 3 spires triathlon event just to confirm...

I'll be there and coming last. [8D]

Excellent

Is anyone from around the Lichfield area. How close is the leisure centre from Trent valley train station.
    team spirit surely you'll be camping with the rest of us!!!! [:D]
    I can do was just trying to plan my train journey up there.
    So what is the plan everyone going up the night before the event?
    I have a rather large people carrier that can take 7 people ( and bikes) so any surrey lot can jump in with me if you like.

Be like a little road trip

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Fantastic, it's only an hour from london Euston to Lichfield. now just factor an hour to get half way acros london and its good. will sort accom and entry on monday...everyone else is going to do that right? As i don't want to be the only one there
    Everyone going to get fed up with me asking questions lol is the camp site near trent valley train station.
    I'm not sure about the campsite teamspirit but i used to live in lichfield...many moons ago...the train station is one side of town and the pool is the other...saying that...it's not a big town and if you cycled it at a leisurely pace (well that would be me anyway)....it would probably take you around 15 mins.....

clarkey...live just up from clapham junction....
    Always happy to car pool from St Albans if anyone interested nearer the time!! I do only have a mini though so big men do not apply.hmmm..well you can but you might be a bit squashed in the back! [:)]
    I'm now Paid up and entered.

[8|]

• gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    think i've got Tatton park the week after, though that may be a no if i dont sort my knee soon! what distance are the 20th ones? i might do the sprint which should leave me enough to do the OD at Tatton the weekend after!

Clarkey30, what time you guys goin to heron on sat? i may go down at about 6.30.......
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    damn damn and damn, just checked its the 19th and 20th! only doin it 'cause its near where my dads from and looked scenic! tis expensive though - £62!!! so looks like i'm out of the other one! sorry all! [:(]
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I love you guys! 20th is good for me- am happy to share transport as no doubt there'll be a few of us heading from this way (Dorset birds and all). Camping great. Shall I bring the guitar?!!! [:D]
    So we saying were camping at Beehive Farm?
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Is the rough plan to stay over Saturday night and Sunday night?? or will everyone disappear off after the race on Sunday... just trying to understand when the drinking gets done if you can't do it the night the night before....