Home Chat General Chat

Les-Stables training camp.

Hi guys, well ive just been one my first "tri based" holidays missing you all dearly!!!

After much searching i found a place called Les-Stables a new venue in the Dordoign region run by a couple Mark and Sybs who also arrange the national club relays and the vitruvian. I must confess i was originally drawn by the price but after some research the place is also in a stunning location.

The set up is two 4 bed rooms and two 6 bed rooms, HUGE rooms with all you need and ipod docks etc all en-suite...

There is over 500m of private river and a lesuirely 1300m swim into the village for breakfast is done once a week. The complex also has a 25m pool and there are dailly coached swim sessions.

For running there is an 800 metre cinder track that runs through the middle of some woods, (amazing to see) and an off road running track.

For cycling there are countless miles of rolling hills to cycle around. We had a young lad who is recovering from injury to lead us around for the week, who really pushed us carrying out drills used by the pros.

All in all an amazing week and an amazing venue and one i would urge you all to look up and book quickley for this and next year!. It caters for all ranges of ability from elite, (its going to be the Irish squads olympic prep base), to begginner, (us!) with more than friendly and knowledgable coaches. And best of all a real bargain.

For those of you on facebook you will be able to see the pictures!!!!