Home Chat General Chat

You know you're a triathlete when...............

Comments

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    you claim your zone on the bedroom with a brightly coloured towel and all your clothes forbthe following day are laid out for a quick change!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    shadowone1 wrote:

this is why I love this forum.... this made me laugh soo much.

Didds, how long did it take you type all that?

type?

Control-C, Control-V ;-)

didds

Blurredgirl wrote:

.....you have a room in your house called The Bicycle Room.

blurredgirl

you have a room in your bicycle store called the kitchen!

Which is still at least partly bicycle store.

didds

• the back of your car looks as if you have reversed into the local sports store and stolen half the stock!!

oh and you cant put the seats up as there is to much stuff including a bike inside a ford ka!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    when ownng a Ford Ka doesn't stop you putting your bike inside it and you can still fit the rest of your kit in too but can't take the kids to school[:D]
  • yh and your friends get annoyed when it is raining as you cant give them a lift due to the fact the kit takes up so much room!!
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    You know the real meaning of the work life balance, also you eat more than your entire family putt together.

And this thread has made me laugh so much.

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    You take a day's leave just so you can train or race.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    you have different watches for each discipline - indoor swim, outdoor swim, HR monitor, cycle computer, stop watch etc etc! and all of them cost a small fortune!
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Loving this.

when..... friends look quite worried when you tell them you've done a very painful 2 hour brick session first thing this morning.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    the girlfriend thinks your showing off by saying that you're off for an easy 20k run. Sweetheart, I've told you before that easy refers to the pace, the what?, yes pace the speed I'm going at, oh nevermind.
    I can't stop adding to this....

When you say about training and they say "what's wrong with you".

• pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    ...you're checking the web-forum beofre leaving the house on a sun morning at 0700for an event!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    ....you walk into your LBS to ask for a box to post a bike, and leave with a free box and a pair if not free Zoot trainers to save valuble seconds in T2. The WAT man wasn't happy!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    When, in your mid 40s, when you go to your GP, rather than getting a lecture on needing to take some exercise, loose a bit of weight, eat better, your are just told, with a disapprovingly raised eyebrow: "You do lead a dangerous life"
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    or even better when they ask you for some tips and advice!
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    ...even the dog thinks you're doing a crazy amount of exercise and looks up from her basket in disbelief at 6 am when you suggest a run.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    You talk constantly to your friends, work colleagues, dog, cat goldfish, strangers on buses, winos outside Jobcentres etc about your new bit of kit, bike, training etc. Your credit card details are memorised/stored on your computer and sell off heirlooms, furniture, spouse/partner, children and sundry relatives to fund your bling fest. You will smell of chlorine, Deep Heat and Ibuprofen gel, you car will smell like the insides of a pair of old trainers and you will keep falling over as you forget that your office shoes have tie up laces and not elasticated ones until you become the only person at work wearing black Loake Oxfords with fluorescent yellow LocLaces. You will get up at an unGodly hour to assemble with fellow addicts like warriors gathering for battle and for the next couple of hours drive your body to its extreme. You watch clips on Youtube of Ironman triathletes staggering, collapsing, crawling on all fours to the finish line, pushing their bodies to the point of shutting down and instead of recoiling in horror you admire them and the draw, the compulsion to compete in an Ironman which prior to this was undertaken only by those who are certifiably insane will take hold. And you will do all this with a wide grin on your face and a body that is bursting with energy whilst those around you slump in front of the TV and watch chav celebs and when you last breath draws close you will look back and think I HAVE LIVED!
    Zacnici wrote:

And you will do all this with a wide grin on your face and a body that is bursting with energy whilst those around you slump in front of the TV and watch chav celebs and when you last breath draws close you will look back and think I HAVE LIVED!

HALLELUJA!

Zacnici - saying it as it is!!!

didds

... when you pop into a freind's for coffee at about 11am on Sunday, for them to smugly tell you that they have just got back from a short run.

Then you tell them you were doing hill repeats for an hour at 7 am before they had even got up!

didds

(this could be part of the "what did you do today thread"!)

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    when your desk draw at work has more items like deodrant, shower gel, neurofen, deep heat, running watch, socks, clean undies, soreen, shorts ,t-shirt, than work things.

when you see rain at lunchtime as a good thing because there won't many be tourists/sunbathers/dog walkers etc in the way on you run
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    and when you maniacal enthusiasm for tri starts to convert those around you to trying it out...
    When the missus insists that you creep out quietly for the morning swim so the dog doesn't get disturbed.

When asked about what you want to do for the summer holiday you are thinking: Need a pool to really spend some hours on those TI drills, somewhere to hire a bike, and some beaches for running on sand (low impact, hard work) and have already organised the training plan for each day...

When thinking about a new car, you stop fantasising about a two seater sports cars etc. - but start seriously thinking that what you really need is a van - Lots of space, you can but a few bikes in it, without having to even take the wheels off. Space to hang a wetsuit, and other gear, get changed in it, and with no windows, people can't see what you've got inside. A really useful two seater!
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    when you eat more meals at your desk at work than at home
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    you wonder whether it's bad form to suggest changing the honeymoon detination to Hawaii
  • Each month on the Bank statement theres quite large sums of money going to somewhere youre not quite sure of..but it must be direct debit for something...so you Google it and it turns out to be the running/triathlon shop 10 miles away......[:)]
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    [It's bad form Chappers, trust me - I know. We went to a research conference on our honeymoon!!! [&:]]

.... you get an e-mail from someone you hardly know inviting to a work related event which ends "I realise this might interfere with your sporting commitments"

• chapperschappers Posts: 97
    durhamvam wrote:

[It's bad form Chappers, trust me - I know. We went to a research conference on our honeymoon!!! [&:]]

.... you get an e-mail from someone you hardly know inviting to a work related event which ends "I realise this might interfere with your sporting commitments"

it crossed my mind for a brief moment after reading about Conehead's trip, but I came to my senses pretty quickly as it would have been a tad selfish to say the least! I'm very very lucky as the good lady chappers supports me loads through training.
    You keep posting on this thread when you should be cooking the Sunday dinner.

Whoops! That's just being naughty, not a triathlete.
    Just when you're skint because you've spent all your cash on running swimming or the other!!!