Home Chat General Chat

You know you're a triathlete when...............

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    ... the postroom guys at work bring packages from Wiggle straight to your desk without reading the address label.
  • froggerfrogger Posts: 24
    a Powerbar is your Dairy Milk

this is such a funny thread btw

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    when you talk to your non training friends and say that you feel guilty that you've only run a 10k today and then walked another 10k to meet them instead of catching the tube...so you feel a little less guilty not doing much...and they stare at you as if you're a freak...lovable but still a freak...[:)]
  • when you run a 10k race and then think it would be a good idea to ride home to cheshire from north yorkshire !!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    You keep a sense of humour when everything starts to collapse around you on race day,or after dropping you bike in for a service with its gripe sheet,you get the gripe sheet back with the following;

problem. front tyre almost needs replacing.

LBS. Almost replaced front tyre.

problem. Front wheel vibrates above 30mph.

LBS. Could not replicate vibration in workshop.

problem. Evidence of oil leak from wheel hub.

LBS. Evidence removed.

problem. Suspect crack in carbon fork.

LBS. suspect you are right.

problem. pedal crank makes a noise like a child with a drum.

LBS. Took drum away from child.

problem. Bike handles funny.

LBS. Bike instructed to straighten up and ride correctly.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    You've run 10 miles BEFORE 9am on Sunday morning.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    you never sit down anymore to put socks on...always have to balance on one leg ...everything is a transition....
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    When your GP says 'I don't suppose you will, but this will clear up much more quickly if you took a couple of days off training.' Gives you the look, sighs & shakes her head.

( chest infection just in case you were wondering).
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    When you don't watch the cricket on the telly, but go and swim in a river instead.
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    You watch someone running for a bus and think: "hmmm....midfoot...."

blurredgirl
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    When you are asked to to go to a BYO party and you think sparkling or still water!

When you shopping basket only has good healthy stuff in!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    When you don't eat - you 'refuel'

When you don't drink - you 'hydrate'

• when the dog joins you for your beach swim in case it doesnt get a walk
  • when friends ask "hows training going", you tell them you've got ITB syndrome, they presume its something psychological and tell you thy've been suspecting it for a while.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    when the dog runs and hides when it sees you reach for the lead

when you go for a 5k run after a 5k race, just so you can call it a work out
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    When your pockets are constantly stuffed with loo roll, put there at the event and then stayed there through the washing machine and tumble dryer.....
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I like the loo roll one. Supported some friends on SUnday who were doing their first Tri, and on Saturday they asked me for a top tip, "take a loo roll with you". They thought I was joking until I explianed if there's 120 entrants all needing an 'anal avacuation' (CH), the two rolls provided in a public toilet isn't going to last long. This is only compounded in that s single visit pre-race is a rarity, I like most people enjoy it multiple!

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    When you sit at home and compare blisters with the misses ftom the weekend.

Heres from them brand new high hills yours from practising running in barefeet.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    When you look in the mirror and see your tri suit, only it's the inverse of your sun tan!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Saw this on an Irish Triathlon website

Not for the faint of heart,
    not for the weekend warrior type,
    and not for the arm chair athlete.
    The triathlete is a special breed of athlete.
    No mountainous muscles or intimidating features,
    the triathlete stores their true power deep within.
    To look for evidence of such power,
    one only needs to look deep into the eyes of these warriors of the elements
    just before and after the beginning of competition.
    Then, nothing else matters.
    They have no past,
    there is no future
    and life means nothing
    except the distance that needs to be travelled.
    All that is regarded as living is suddenly redefined
    into a simplified existence within each arm stroke,
    each breath of air, and each step.
    But even then the true triathlete,
    regardless of their level finds
    the euphoria of the Triathlon not only by its finish,
    but from the Zen like state that comes,
    that gives them the superhuman ability to break any and all limitations -
    that keep men simply men
    and women simply women.
    They are super athletes
    proving their worth only to themselves
    for the satisfaction to have said
    “I did it”…….again…
    The Triathlete.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    funky.

......when you realise you're the most disorganised person in the sport with the highest organisation.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    You know you're a triathlete when... even after you've been completely dumped on at work, having today been passed-up for promotion and learn that your new manager will now be someone who is both less qualified, less experienced and is generally less likeable than yourself - but evidentally far better at the sucking-up to the 'powers that be' - instead of going out and getting completely rat-arsed with your other workmates who've also just been dumped on, you stick with a soda water and fresh lime, then continue to do 100 lengths and a 5km run that you planned to do anyway.

I somehow managed not to resign on the spot, although I did have to excuse myself before the meeting had officially come to an end. Still, there may be an upside, as I've now plausible grounds to request pro rata work and drop down to a 4 day week, thus allowing me 3 whole days to do something far more rewarding than fudging numbers to please shareholders and other such shady characters. Maybe we'll make a decent age grouper out of me yet - that, or I'll coach(!).
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    But you're are a triathlete!!!!!!

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    You have a routine set of tests done - blood pressure, weight etc - and the nurse pauses, puts her pen down and says: "Umm...do you do a lot of exercise?"

blurredgirl
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I heard about the bloke from Bolton winning £25M on the Euro Millions.

I thought to myself that if I won the lottery the first thing I would do would be to buy one of the $30,000 charity auction places at Kona
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    What's a lie in?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    you spend hours trying to get back on the forum....
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    dunno how to quote yet.... not got to grip wae the fourm yet....however Jack Hughes...

When thinking about a new car, you stop fantasising about a two seater sports cars etc. - but start seriously thinking that what you really need is a van - Lots of space, you can but a few bikes in it, without having to even take the wheels off. Space to hang a wetsuit, and other gear, get changed in it, and with no windows, people can't see what you've got inside. A really useful two seater!
    ---------

Jack you nailed it there.... bring on the van!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    When you spend more time on here at work than working!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    when you stare gazingly at food lables wondering if you can eat that......