Home Chat General Chat

You know you're a triathlete when...............

Comments

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Or you think you can eat what you want....& then discover you've added a few more lbs to your weight!! :roll:
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Who is that imposter posing as Joolzd? Where is the neoprene clad warrioress with the handlebar hair?

... when you use sizing charts and plumblines to set up a bike for a 5 year old

... when planning a holiday to Hawaii your spouse thinks, 'sandy beaches, cocktails, relaxation' and you think 'Ironman 70.3'
    ... when at 6:05 am instead of doing your personal development plan for work that you got up early to do you are looking at this forum and posting!
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    ...you realise that breakfast was gel based .. followed by "second breakfast" 2 1/2 hrs later
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I prefer tthe new joolz, well hot...
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Your girlfriend brings you home from the hospital and while still pretty out of it on sedatives you ask "maybe we could go for a run later?" then pass out on the sofa. Never did make it out for that run.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    ....you feel guiltily superior wandering around Blacks on a Saturday morning in town, knowing that most of the 'outdoor' types in there haven't swum in a lake before breakfast.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    when all you talk about to your friends is what training you do and in bed at night all you read about is bikes and tri stuff

also when you think that running alone is boring
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Who is that imposter posing as Joolzd? Where is the neoprene clad warrioress with the handlebar hair?

Hmmmm...I have enough problems with my laptop and blooming Vista...hence the new piccie..can't find the old one as had to save it on my external hard drive..and it didn't!!! & the only one I have I can use is on my desktop...I have to say..I too preferred my 'handle bar' hair style...

Alas, Shadowone1 that piccie is merely a clever illusion...you should see me after a the swim/bike/run..drowned rat would spring to mind!!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hey Joolzd just had a cunning thought, perhaps Mr Roberts still has your Princess Leia variant hair pic from when you had your T shirt done.?

Continuing on the thread:

... someone hands you a plastic cup of water at a meeting and by second nature you take 3 gulps, spit the last one out and dump the rest of the cup on your head then throw the cup to one side.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Zacnici wrote:
    ... someone hands you a plastic cup of water at a meeting and by second nature you take 3 gulps, spit the last one out and dump the rest of the cup on your head then throw the cup to one side.
    Brilliant!
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    When someone innocently asks you how you did in your weekend race, and your reply includes splits for each discipline, T1 & T2, overall position, gender position and age group position.
  • you own 7 pairs of swimming trunks, yet only one of them is suitable for wearing on a beach or at a pool party.

You refuse to stay at any hotel that has one of those stupid shaped pools - how can you measure your training distance unless there are lanes and a 25m/50m length?

when considering holiday destinations, your key criteria are:
    - does it have decent open water swimming?
    - Is the beach/pool close enough to the hotel for me to be able to practice transition?
    - are the roads safe for biking and sufficiently challenging/beautiful?
    - are there any races happening within 80km during the time you are there on holiday?
    - How can I fit all the above criteria into the holiday destination without my other half realising what I'm up to?

You shower 6 times a day, and then wonder how you went bald so quickly

You hate playing squash/tennis/football, because it's so hard to work out how to measure the excercise in your training log (and you're damned if that 5-8km is going unrecorded....)

You sneer at people who pay a fortune on expensive gold watches, only to realise that your plastic Polar HRM/GPS etc cost more than the Breitlings in duty free

you'd never consider buying a raffle ticket for one of the ferrari/aston martins at the airports, but if a Felt DA was being raffled....

you justify your excessive expenditure on kit by calculating all the money you've saved by running and cycling instead of taking trains, buses and taxis, adding the cost of all the alcohol and restaurant meals you've foregone in order to maintain your training diet, and then announce proudly to everyone that Triathlon has actually saved you money. Your wife is unconvinced.
  • Zacnici wrote:

I've just read that and nearly wet myself - good stuff!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    swimlikeabrick wrote:
    [quote="Zacnici":jdgzqwmm]
    I've just read that and nearly wet myself - good stuff![/quote:jdgzqwmm]

Indeed - the best one so far!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    When getting ready in the morning, and the missus calls up the stairs to see if you are coming down to breakfast and you shout back "I'm still in transition".
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    You answer the phone saying 'can't talk, on the turbo'
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    ....when the person in front of you collapses with a heart attack and you leap forward to administer artificial respiration, whilst trying to calculate how this can be used to improve your VO2 max...
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    When someone overtakes you on the motorway and your initial response is either to drop back out of the draft zone of speed up to retake the position
  • .....you successfully complete your first tri, then a stupid horse leaps on your foot and all you can think about is when you will be able to wear trainers again and go for a run.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    You deliberately set your alarm a bit late as you know it means you'll get a bit more sleep and will allow you to practice getting from bed to bike as fast as possible - a whole new stage of transition
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    your happy that the trains are cancelled as it gives you a great excuse to ride in....

Or the tubes are on strike so you can run to the station....
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    when you find you have 3 sets of tan lines, one from the bike top, one from the running top and the weird crescent shape around each shoulder from the Tri suit.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    don't forget the white number negatively burn onto your arms and legs because the permanent parker they used to number you with must have a SPF of 1000+
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    .......everyone else on the street is cleaning their car on a Sunday morning and you're busy cleaning off the bike

and you are considering growing potatoes in the dirt on your car roof - an organic source of carbs surely
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    you argue with a high court judge who wants to extend your jury service and you have a very important coaching session on monday!...
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    You do your first supermarket run to get baby oil, baby wipes and Vaseline, get to the checkout and realise you should have grabbed a few more items to make the basket a little less wierd when the checkout girl gives you a funny look... Went for baby oil as I wasn't quite brave enough to buy the (according to a tri magazine) poor man's version of suit slip - KY jelly
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    You join the Bridgtown Cona Test Tri Team!!!

Vive la revolution!
  • fatstufatstu Posts: 46
    You have laser surgery on your eyes and the bit you are looking forward to most is being able to spot buoys better in your OW swims...
  • noone can understand how your skinny everywhere except your midsection