Home Chat General Chat
Options

The Dorset Tri Birds- Wish 'em luck!

2»

Comments

• Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Would love to Cheryl but money is soooo tight for me at the mo (bit like the lycra!) and i have an OW sprint on the 21st anyway. graham33 said we need to meet to cycle around the plymouth race route, hope you like hills [;)]

plus theres a Navy sprint in portsmouth i think on the 24th of june, g raham says it's 6 pounds entry. midweek tho. i may have all those details wrong!! you'll have to ask him!!!
  • Options
    FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Loved the write ups and sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Great work Dorset Tri Birds!

• Options
    CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Well done ladies, Y'all did really really well!. ( especially you biker Jess! Grrrrrrrr!) Just found out i came 15th overall which im super happy with considering the 1st time I did this race i was second from last. I guess Ill see you all again soon.Congrats ladies, Keep the training up, altho not too much cause you was far too close to me for my liking!
  • Options
    BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I can't do the 7th June as am doing Blenheim that weekendand I think 2 races in 2 days might be pushing it rather! When is the Plymouth one? And is there a sprint option as not sure how I'd cope with OD; is my first season after all! Cheers for all the support everyone over the Try a Tri- even shocked myself slightly and well done to Jess, Cheryl and Chris. I will add evidence of giant smiley on here later on in case anyone wants to see how it should be done ha ha
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Well done one and all,

I'm still laughing about trapped eyebrows, glad you enjoyed it.

Hooked then, and looking to save a few vital seconds from here there and everywhere.

Chace in september is going to be funny.
  • Options
    Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    What about a race report about The Dorchester Fast Twitch Jelly legs?

We've shown you ours, now you show us yours.....
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Well it wasn't as much fun as yours seemed to be.

Was bloody freezing at 6.30 when i got there. but by the time my wave was off the sun was up and was lovely.

Swim was ok, still strugling with turning every 30 seconds or so, and that pool has a higher deep end wall for some reason so you have to reach out of the water everytime you turn.

This time last year i was swimming in this pool and was doing 16 lengths in 16 mins, so am happy to have managed 8.57 odd.

The t1 was a knightmare, well it went well but i keep fannying around with gloves and glasses and helmet, gels etc, should just get on me bike and go for it, so could of save precious minutes or minute should i say.

The actual ride i felt good, was chasing the only person from my wave who got out the pool before me. Had her in my sights almost the whole ride, well if 500 yards is in your sights. The thing missing from my training is longer stuff, i need to be hitting some 40/50 km rides to give my legs more legs if that makes sense. ( the other thing is they changed the bike route on the day and it added about 2/3 km to the ride. so it was 23km not 20.

The run was fine for me, i've never been a strong runner i can nail 6.30 miles pretty consistantly no matter how far it is ( well up to 13 miles anyhow) and have done for 20 years odd, so after the bike i'm happy with 29 minutes( for now), the run distance was 3.7 miles.

All in all was ok, still think i can drop it all by 15 minutes by the end of the year.

I'm looking at 1.15 for a standard sprint 400, 20 km, 5km.

With the help of some easy cheating, new bike/ aero helmet/ some endurance rides, more consistant nutrition i recon i can manage it.

Will find out at chase in september ( maybe)
  • Options
    BexHBexH Posts: 226
    smiley. check. bloody knee. check. wobbly thighs. check.

[image]local://2920/C101AA7AA96340A5B95547ECDB813D75.jpg[/image]
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Absolutely excellent reports! Far better read than the current issue of 220 (with all the race tips etc). Cheryl - you really made me laugh - with the "lost limbs" paragraph! You've all managed to capture the essence of the day. Can't wait for your next events now! And looking forward to seeing the times and splits [:)].

• Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    No splits, i'm afraid [:(] it was a rather low key event!
  • Options
    brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    hey cpt333 congrats on the race finish - excellent result...

great work girls...loving the right ups!

• Options
    gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Well done Dorset Tri Birds and honourary Dorset Tri bird CPT333

And you Jelly Legs! hope you all had an enjoyable beer afterwards!