Home Chat General Chat

So what do i do now...Watford OW!

willtriwilltri Posts: 436
Hi Guy & Gals,

Looking for a bit of advice... again! [:)]

Right - done my first pool tri and now got my wetsuit from the lovely people at wiggle - a very snug S2.

So how does the open water business work - I'm doing the Northampton Sprint at end of June so want to get some OW practise in before hand (having practised in the sea on hols last week and found that without the black line i am pretty much doing this....

x

x

x xx

x

x

x

xxxx

x

x

x

xxx

x

x

x

Can i just turn up at a lake and have a swim - safe in the knowledge that there will be other swimmers there to do a bit of baywatch rescue if there are probs.

Was thinking of popping to the serpentine but again can you just jump in and have a go (paying the club)?

I live in Watford - does anyone nearish fancy meeting up for a swim in a lake somewhere?? none of you IM nutters [:D] I can just about swim 5-800m!

Cheers,

Will.

Comments

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Am off to one of the lakes on Saturday morning if you want to join? It's just off Junc 14 on the M25 (I'm in St Albans)...usually get there quite early though as they open from 6am to 8h30 (last swim). It's liquid leisure http://www.openwaterswim.co.uk/..let me know if you fancy it anyway PLUS they have a couple of hot tubs to sink into at the end!! [:D]

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Am off to one of the lakes on Saturday morning if you want to join? It's just off Junc 14 on the M25 (I'm in St Albans)...usually get there quite early though as they open from 6am to 8h30 (last swim). It's liquid leisure http://www.openwaterswim.co.uk/..let me know if you fancy it anyway PLUS they have a couple of hot tubs to sink into at the end!!

Hiya Joolzd,

That would be great - if you could show me the ropes that would be much appreciated!!

Early start it is then!!

Shall i meet you there? What time?