Home Chat General Chat

tick tock tick tock - cycling help

It'll all go tits up on the day, my friend, so you might as well enjoy it all and stop worrying so much about your times. you'll be faster in the race than in training anyway, just note your times for your first and improve from there....

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Hi,

I've got my first sprint Tri IN 4 1/2 WEEKS.

With the limited time available - What do you think is the best way to improve my bike time (23k)??

[ol][*]Carry on riding 16 miles to work (48 miles a week) - trying to keep HR around 140-150.

[*]or 8 mile rides (2 miles to a big hill, ride up for 3 mins, coast down, repeat)

[*]or if you've a better idea.....[/ol]

Cheers Guys/Gals.

Will.

• jacjac Posts: 452
    From what I've read it takes three weeks for the 'effects' of training to kick in..

I've got a bit longer than you, but I'm working on one longer, steady ride a week, one intervals session and one shorter ride at race pace.

I checked out the course for mine last week, which is well worth doing. Knowing where the hills, flats etc.. is helping me visualise how I'm going to race it.

It might also give you a clue as to what you need to work on - eg lots of hills!

You might also want to work on your weakness/es, whatever they may be.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ah yes, the Law of Sod.....

He's a bugger.....
    It'll all go tits up on the day, my friend

That did make me laugh!!

Perhaps i am taking it all a bit seriously.

On the other hand - 10m TT's it is...

being new to cycling... Does that mean hard as you can for 10miles....
    okey dokey.

HR Monitor on - snot dribbling - early to bed - here i come.

Cheers.

p.s. This forum is more addictive than an all-in-one crack/cigarette/ocd pill!!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I agree.

My thirst for more knowledge and the desire to press my opinions on other people knows no bounds.

Someone pass the crackpipe. er, i mean tripipe.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I've never actually done a 10-mile bike TT, but I did once barf after a 400m swim TT. I can only assume that a bike 10-miler would make me explode. I'll let you all know.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Bopomofo wrote:

I've never actually done a 10-mile bike TT, but I did once barf after a 400m swim TT. I can only assume that a bike 10-miler would make me explode. I'll let you all know.

Is it okto assume you exploded by now Bopo, since it's almost 10 days now!!??[:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Cross Finish Line. Stop Watch. Retch.

Do this every time in a race. Except when I forget to stop the watch. Always assumed it's because I'm unfit. But probably just trying too hard (or the right level of hard). Scares the helpers when they try to pass you a bottle of water though. Must look quite unpleasant.