Home Chat General Chat

Training for Olympic Distance (London)

HarriHarri Posts: 40
Really need some advice on what sort of training i should be doing for a sub 3 hour time for the Olympic distance tri in London this August. Got my first tri this weekend which is Eton, then doing Blenheim but they are both no where near as scary as the Olympic distance. I train every day and sometimes twice a day and have a good level of fitness but probably could do with some more structure to my sessions. Any advice would be greatly welcomed, floundering a bit at the moment i think and August seems to be coming ever closer.

Also, am seriously worried about my swim this Saturday. Not had a chance to practice in the open water yet. Is it best to get in the water early as possible to acclimatise a bit and practise some strokes??

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Oh yes..practice, get your breathing under control, get your head under that murky water, calm the racing heartrate & good luck.
  • Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Main thing is do not start at front or middle stay to side or back.London is a nice swim very still and easy to see were you are going.I am not the best swimmer in the world about 29mins for 1500 mtres.At London I was surprized how nice the swim was and did a 2hour 25min for the whole triathlon.Get in the lakes as much as you can.We swim in lakes 4 times a week and it helps.What part of the country are you?Good luck with your first one.