Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit dismemberment!

JessterJesster Posts: 482
I have seen armless tri wetsuits. do they differ in some way?

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    With an eye (as always) on finances, is there a reason why i cant chop the arms off one of my surplus surfing wetsuits to make it tri suitable?! aside from slidey material of course.

My mother always said, "mend and make do" (or something)

did i mention she also makes excellent lemon drizzle cake? lol
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    A triathlon specific shorty wetsuit will be very tight around the edges creating a seal, like Conehead says, you dont want water filling up your wetsuit, you'll be dragging around more weight and not very quickly.

You will see one or two guys wearing surfing suits at a triathlon though....

If finances are tight, you could take a punt and have a look on Ebay, however, the fit will be a fingers crossed affair........
    yeah, that makes sense. I'm thinking elastic bands around the tops of arms=not such a good look. lol
    Ooh what sort of deal? I could sing and dance a bit, put on a kind of jolly show. Rather like busking for neoprene! Will that do C-man?
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    i understand that the main difference is the weight and material of them. Tri suits lighter, and not as thick, for mobility and you also get warm when you swim; whereas the surfing ones are designed to keep you warm. Even a basic tri wetsuit is a great investment. spend the money!
    Ha, great advice....coming from someone called ipay! Hilarious. You can if you want.....lol

Cheers, C-man. will pm you in a sec. (high five) [:D]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Conehead wrote:

ha ha! brilliant!

PM me if you do have some cash, no matter how small and I'll see what I can do. Might not be brand new - but I'm sure I could sort something for you from one of the brands.

Conehead,

forgive me for chancing my arm here, but I'm on the lookout for a wetsuit... is it poss to help me? I've got budget on circa £150-200 mark.
    Thats not a flamin budget, man! 200 bucks? Pfft!
    It may stretch, depends on how much I can hide from the wife. Job under threat at the mo. Just laid of 188 guys from our construction company... not wanting to spend too much but I do work outwith the company and I use this for the tri-hobby. Hope you understand..
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I think she means 'you loaded man!'
    I'll be willing to bet that handsome dog of yours eats Bakers too, eh! Made of money, i bet! lol
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

I think she means 'you loaded man!'

doh...

I'm not loaded, just work hard for what I've got. My bike was £375, wish it was one a lot more but hey thats the way he is.

The mut eats anything that resembles food. He was once actually partial to a sock. I literally had to pull it out of his throat!!!!
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    The other thing about Tri wet siuts is that the neoprene around the legs and chest is much thicker, which give you more bouyancy. I have a Gul and it's much harder to swim in compared to my QR Tri wetsuit.....