Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon romance....?

Comments

• BexHBexH Posts: 226

Maybe to cut costs we could go for coloured number sheets to pin on or stick on your number belt.

How about coloured elastic laces? Subtle yet right on show!

One of the reasons I got into tri was when I became single I found I was at the gym an awful lot due to having more time on my hands and all my mates being coupled up... combined with the fact that I was matchmade with a triathlete after I requested my friend to 'bring out some of your brother's single mates tonight; I am now officially single!'
  • New bike is orange - which SO suits my relationship status right now[;)]
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    yes I am a green person but ride a black cardon bike but I don't know what that means.

Don't think there are many single tri female out there thou
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I love the traffic light idea! But with me it wouldn't work as at the end of it I would have a bright red face which to the uninitiated may indicate I was in a loving relationship rather than having the heart attack that I probably am!!

Have to admit the fit guys in lycra do look fantastic and their bums don't wobble when they run-unlike mine! Figured that if I could find someone that loved me DESPITE how I look in lycra, I would be made for life!!
    Yes there flippin well is pacman2102!! Probably because we do triathlon.....
    I am sure you are like most woman think thye are far bigger then they are, and we all have a bit of there body they don't like.

with me it's my belly no matter how hard I train it wont go away, but got to admit it as reduced in size quite a lot
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    You could use the non-drafting rules for a speed dating triathlon. You have precisley X seconds to not only get out of someone's draft zone and pass them. But also to introduce yourself. Depending on how fast/slow you are, you may get a few meetings, you may get none.
    I like that idea and it also get rid of all the small talk, the big problem with any of these things is the ratio of male to female, seem to me like the girls have it a lot easier than us guys.

I suppose you we could also use transition as a kid of speed dating , as new people to talk to and meet

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    Mowf, you made me laugh...but really...trying to overtake someone and speak at the same time...just wouldn't work for me! Now I've got a red bike but black gear...this isn't going to help identify me as single...liking the concept of identification tho....
    I am not your normal bloke as I can do two things at once, got to admit surprised there any single female about in tri with all the guys about .

But it brings a new meaning to speed dating !!!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    When you say 2 things at once are you talking swimming and breathing?

Oh I get it racing and speed dateing. My god thinking and typing I can be good a 2 things at once. Come to think about with my spelling one thing is hard enough...........

I like this Pacman, You might be able to make money from triathlon dating of some sort.

Dear 220 I am a single Triathlete with a red and carbon obsession. I would like to meet a female triathlete to share washing machine time and training I love prorridge and smell slighty of chlorine. Must have better bike than me and be able to do 10K in under 45 mins.

Most important she must like the way I look in lycra!

Does that sound like a page they could start?
    I like your thinking and your thought process.

As for two things at once like most tri people I can swim, but I can also bike and talk at the same time and even run and talk. But both depends on how much effort is going into it.

As for single club, I have enough problems of my own rather than setting other people up. But it I did it appear there are mainly blokes in tri and the male to female ration would mean extra competion
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Just wait, with the current way the magazine is going, theyll see this and pop in a singles advert page next month...
    Have to say that I used to go on loads of dates but now I hardly go on any because most of them were a waste of space and I hated missing any training to fit them in! Hence why I've decided that it's definitely better to hopefully meet a guy who is also sporty. There is a guy I do circuits with that I fancy so we have training combined with banter plus he runs really fast so I have to try and keep up ha ha! However we do seem to end up talking/flirting rather than actually doing what we're meant to be doing in the gym so maybe it's not so good for training- ah, grass is always greener....
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

Have to admit the fit guys in lycra do look fantastic and their bums don't wobble when they run-unlike mine! Figured that if I could find someone that loved me DESPITE how I look in lycra, I would be made for life!!

Guess I am the only male who gets comments about my shorts looking like two elephants have a fight in a bin bag.
    That why going out with somebody else who is into tri is a good idea , as you have a training partner. Also all the time you out training you wont get moaned at as they will be training to.

I agree with you on the sporty front, I don't think I could go out with somebody who wasn't into sport
    Problem is finding someone who is about the same level as you- if you are training together then I wouldn't want to feel like I was holding them up all the time out running or cycling. The guy I like plays rugby so really fast but then he is doing explosive training rather than my steady plodding... I guess if you found someone at the same level of training then that would be great but unlikely? But just think you could do turbo sessions in duo and like someone else mentioned share the washing loads etc!
    Your just getting fussy now! Not only do you want a triathlete but one at your level!

Looks the the traffic light ideas out or we could go for shades of green light green being slow and single and dark green being fast and single. And so on!

I am not even single but this thread is great!
    I don't think you need to be the same level as you can always go out on a run and bike togeather and then the stronger one catch's the other one on the way back .that what I did with my last girlfriend even thou I was a third quicker than her But as for turbo session that is true , but the down side is the washing. That saying at least you can bounce idea's off one another.

Sounds like you like this guy thou
    You can give advice then from the other side ( the married side).

But it would be a lot easier if the girls had a tee shirt come and get me
    Oooh, I don't know- that sounds like it starts getting complicated with varying shades? ha ha! And varying shades of green? Bleurghhh- I think looking like a wobbly gremlin running along is probably not a good look if you are trying to pull!!!

@ Pacman, yeah this guy is nice but a bit young! Never say never though; we shall see and hey- he has seen me at my absolute worst (sweaty, in lycra doing crap bench jumps) and is still talking to me so it can only get better right?!
    here an idea for all you guys and girls we used to play it as kids.

Why don't we set the girls off 5 minutes before the guys and then the guys have to try and catch the girls. The faster guys can catch the girls and if they don't like what they see they can try and catch the next one and same applies for the girls .

Like being back in the school yard
    Is that the dark side (the film ideas keep coming) my wife is not sporty at all. she never runs and my god a bike she has never sat on one. and as for swimming thats a no go unless we aare at the beach!

I like the solidtude of training sometimes.
    I am sure it will work out as you say he as seen you at your sweaty best.

I am sure you look good in lycra most of you girls do even thou you think you don't
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Surely just opting for someone in green in/around your wave would work rather than requiring shades of green.
    No no no, really- lycra is BAD! Unless you have the body of an adonis (well i guess some triathletes do have that) but I do not fall into that category unfortunately. Doing burpees etc wearing it with someone you fancy directly behind you is quite unnerving... I'm sure when I get to my first event I'll be too busy s*****g myself with nerves to even think about blokes!
    Why don't we set the girls off 5 minutes before the guys and then the guys have to try and catch the girls. The faster guys can catch the girls and if they don't like what they see they can try and catch the next one and same applies for the girls .

I LOVE this idea! and with only a five minute headstart they would catch me at the first bend, by which time I would only be a slight shade of pink rather than the brick red I will be at the end and would stand a better chance of not being overtaken for the next one!!

Also like the idea of speed dating via the no drafting rule but would have to rely on the men to do the talking as I would not be overtaking anyone most likely!!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    lol I can almost hear the excited squealing from us girls as we set off, boys in tow.....what a great idea!

When's this 'race?' and where do I sign up? [:D]
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

Also like the idea of speed dating via the no drafting rule but would have to rely on the men to do the talking as I would not be overtaking anyone most likely!!

That's the beauty of it. If you think you are quite slow, you go off in an earlier wave. That way you get a bunch of faster people going past you.

In transition you would not only have to change kit. But also put in any phone numbers you have managed to get while on route.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    wrong thread