Home Chat General Chat

OpenWater in Herts/Beds

WoolyWooly Posts: 63
Bit of a cry for help, i just finished my first tri ( a pool based sprint) and am now thinking an OD would be a good target for the end of the summer. However i have no idea where i can go to have a punt at Open Water swimming, and if possible try on a tri specific wetsuit (as opposed to the surf one i'll use initially). Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Never been but there is a water ski lake at Box end near kempston that opens up for triathletes. Box End Park
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    http://www.shirestriers.co.uk/shireWP07.pdf

These guys look like they do OW swims on a Sat am. I'll be heading down there in the near future!
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    cheers guys (in a generic non gendered way)

Willtri, are you based round that way as well then?
    Not a million miles away - I'm in Watford.

Cool, i'm in Hitchin so The Blue Lagoon is nice and close, though looks distinctly basic in facilities!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    I've been to Liquid Leisure (only the once!![:)]) or might be trying Heron lake (round M25 - not too far) am always happy to share a car/driving etc...although Hitchin might just be too far for you...and those early mornings!
    Cheers Joolz,

I'm off to Heron then in June to get my first wetsuit [:)]
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi wooly i'm in whitwell just down the road I think the Triforce club still swim at arlsey one night a week in the summer they might be worth a call.

If not fly to the canary islands and practice in the nice warm water.....

Mat

• starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hey guys

I'd avoid the blue lagoon in Arlsey for a bit they've found a headless body in there this weekend.

Nice and I was swimming in there a few days ago....

Mat

thanks for the "heads up".

Might leave that for a couple of years then!!!! bet your still washing in bleach aren't you?!?!
  • Moffatt666Moffatt666 Posts: 6
    I hear East Hyde is particularly scenic at this time of year...