Home Chat General Chat
Options

Richmond Park

Anyone go cycling round Richmond?

Whats your lap timing?

Did a 3 lap challange at the weekend in 57:20. Going to work on that time and try again in a month.

Also anyone had trouble with the speed limits as they say 20mph?

Comments

• Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    How far is it round richmond park? anyone know? going to the big smoke this weekend and staying in richmond with my bro. you know what it's like, training, training, training.....!
  • Options
    RookieRookie Posts: 11
    10.8km. Prob best to go anti clockwise simply cos it makes it easier at all the roundabouts. but if little traffic (ie v early morning or early evening) then wont make much difference. enjoy! im hoping to get there at least twice if i dont do london to brighton.
  • Options
    Cheers bro! [:D]

• Options
    Watch out for the deer.........
  • Options
    They have deer on bicycles too? are they fast?
  • Options
    Only the ones with the Aero Antlers on the front......
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Never mind the aero-deer: from the sounds of it on another thread the biggest risk you have in Richmond Park is being knocked off by a London Dynamoron member's over-inflated opinion of themselves.

I've heard their false egos can extend even beyond the size of a drafting zone.
  • Options
    OK, forget the AeroAntlers and replace them with Bull Bars. That should take care of the Dynomorons
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    OK, forget the AeroAntlers and replace them with Bull Bars.

Actually I think that might be 'Bullshit Bars'. [:D]
  • Options
    gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Police are pretty hot in the park, so stringing together those lap times is very impressive.[;)]

I know cyclists who've gotten on-the-spot fines. The 'I didn't know how fast I was going' excuse apparently doesn't work when you've passed cars and have a cycle computer![&:]

Now that the Spring is here, I try and get in some Park laps on the way home and early Sunday morning (8am).

My 'law abiding' laps are 22mins just now. After reading this, I'll be aiming for sub 20 come summer.[;)]