Home Chat General Chat

road Bike position with clip on aero

2»

Comments

• danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    If you want to get a bit lower, you could probably move your arms forward a bit more. Your shoulder angle is <90 which you can afford to increase. Lowering you more may or may not cramp your hip angle which is definetely not good if you're not flexible, but to get your back flat you seem like you've got plenty of space between your torso and thighs.

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Hi Danny,

Im going to buy the adjustable stem and see how it goes. Im getting closer to aero than I first thought I would..

I have a lot of room between legs and stomach, ill adjust more and see what i can achieve.

IK
  • Hillsy555Hillsy555 Posts: 19
    Here is a rushed picture of me on my road bike (hope it works), (self timer and hop on !!, hence feet not in shoes). What does everyone think, do I need to move my seat forward and tilt the drop-bars up? What difference will it make ? Thanks in advance

[image]local://3041/B7CDE2E3C24243DA8A27597192EFE751.jpg[/image]
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Cant really tell cos your wearing jeans and your feet arnt in your shoes properly. So cant really see bend in knee.

I do like your toy tractor though................(thats not a euphemism either)
    Thanks !!! Thats what a 2 year old does !! Toys in every spare space !!! Just don't touch the bike !!! I'll get a proper picture taken when my other half has a minute and post that !!
    Here is hopefully a better picture, any comments / ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

[image]local://3041/850BADDDA91C4CB481E48CB189B54BE8.jpg[/image]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The biggest thing that strikes me about most if not all of the pics is that positions would be lower using the drops of your existing bars..so what am I missing? Is it the smaller frontal area presented to the wind by hands closer together? Is this not offset by the more upright position? I am confused.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Hillsy555 - I think I've got the same Turbo Trainer.

Damn it makes one hell of a racket!

I have to wait until the kids are in bed and my wife's gone out to use it.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Position dosnt look too bad although you could drop that stem down as far as it will go (take spacers out) and youll have a lower position and flatter back........
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    MG wrote:

Position dosnt look too bad although you could drop that stem down as far as it will go (take spacers out) and youll have a lower position and flatter back........

Watch you don't get your knees hitting your chest though.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Hmm, I need to look at my set up.

Just looked at race photos from Sunday, I look distinctly unaero in them.
    MG - Thanks, I will definitely try that !!

Gun... It is quite loud but I love it, the variable resistance is genius (no adjusting manually)

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Is that the cycleops mag?

I have that one, it makes so much noise I had to abandon a turbo session the other day as I had set it up outside and it was making too much noise, as I have neighbours that live close!

Any suggestions on making it quieter?
    Hi Tommy,

Was that q for me? Mine is Tacx. Its v quiet. We were watching a film the other night, i was training in room, no1 even noticed.

IK

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    nah mate it was to gun and hillsy, but its nice to know yours is really quiet, as I am thinking of getting a new one and it will have to be quiet!
    mines a Tacx T1810 Speedmatic 99quid @ CRC