Home Chat General Chat

Body Performance Test

you happy with results.

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    yeah the dr (who is a triathlete also) said im well on track for decent performance this year. Im scheduled in for End of Season to re-test as i am doing ironman next year. He reckons i need to loose a few kg for this season, and a few more if i am doing marathons/ironmans next year.

Have you got one done?
    Hey guys,

just back from getting a vo2 max test, AT, RMR and Body composition test..

My results for anyone who cares..

FAT - 10.9%

Fat Weight - 9.7kg

Lean Weight 79.3kg

Total Body Weight 89kg

Water 63.1%

Total body water 56.2 LTRS

VO2 Max test

Peak VO2 54.6 183BPM

Threshold 44.4 163 BPM

AB 37.6 156BPM

RMR 1748 kcal/day

Any comments?

IK

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    No a mate did and was a little disappointed

I would love to have one done just so i knew exactly where i stand, but the cost puts me off.

Plus i know if i'm fit enough cause i dont fall over dieing at the end of my 5 k or 10 k runs.

I'm trying to get my local gym to do a bleep test evening, in my humble opinion you cant beat a good fitness test to tell you how things are coming.

The only thing lacking are the body fat % , not many gyms use calipers and the electronic versions are not that accurate.

You doing olympic this year then, when and where.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I did a MAP Test on the Bike on Monday....

The results were as follows:

Max Power output: 380W@HR of 183

Functional Threshold Power: 280W

Power to Weight Ratio: 5.35W/Kg

This was using a proper power meter set up and not the Tacx Flow... as its power meter readings are well to high to what you actually push out.

That puts me 1.6W/kg of bodyweight below what Lance Armstrong used to say he had to produce just before his 7 tour wins....Not far off then!! lol...

I have made a 41% improvement over my last test 2 years ago..... Thats probably why Im now posting fastest bike splits in races...:)
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Looks good!

In theory, you should be able to do a 10K run in 38:20... does this correlate with your actual times? (the formula/data are generally pretty good)

http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/equiv.php?VO2=54.6&age=25&gender=M&Submit=Calculate

This was using a proper power meter set up and not the Tacx Flow... as its power meter readings are well to high to what you actually push out.

Oh dear. Any idea what sort of percentage its out by From what I've heard, it always seems to be over...

What power meter did you use? I don't think I can afford one at the moment...even hiring seems to be a bit high... but it would probably be worthwhile to calibrate the Flow.
    Hi Jack,

10k PB is 46min.. Thats very interesting though.. Should I be pushing it more?

IK

Yes! For a standalone 10K run, that is.

46 mins equates to a VO2 max of 44.1...

Do you know what your heart rate gets up to? A 10K race should hurt. Really hurt!

Obviously, don't go out and expect to knock 8 mins of your PB, there will be a bit of work required first!

But now you know your threshold HR, you can do some runs around that.

Your 10K pace should be about 06:10 mins per mile for a VO2 max of 54.6 and you AT pace 06:25 minute miles

For 44.1 it would be 07:24 for 10K race, 07:36 for the AT threshold.

Have a go at running at say, 7:36 pace - and see what it feels like. You should now know what it feels like to run at AT pace, from your testing - breathing, heart rate etc.

If it feels easier than you definitely have more to go! Your cardio vascular system is pretty good. But your adaptation for running needs to be worked on - so things like intervals, fartlek etc. should figure in your training programme.

Sometimes, if the race is out and back, you get to be near to the race leaders, as they come towards you. It's worth listening to their breathing etc. I bet you'll find that they are breathing far, far harder than you are! It's quite an eye opener really. Intuitively, you think the people who are slower will be breathing harder, sweating more etc. etc., and the good athletes will just be cruising round. But it's the other way round - the good athletes are those who've learned to get the most out of their bodies - and really make themselves hurt.

my hr maxed out at 183, AT at 163 and was at 44.6 VO2