Home Chat General Chat

Quotes needed for magazine

Hi guys,

Your illustrious editor has given me the task of compiling your top tips and course knowledge from your favorite UK races.

If you could e-mail them to me ( nikalascook@googlemail.com ) taking note of the description below that'd be great and the best will go in the mag.

I need short 20-30 word tips on any triathlons they did last year from mid May to beginning of July. Tips can be on the course, any of the legs, fueling, gear/kit choice or a bit of local knowledge. The best will go in the mag. Local races are obviously best but any will do as I'm looking for as wide a geographical spread as possible.

Format should be:

Name

Club

Race

Age Group (and finishing position if podium)

"quote"

I'm under a bit of time pressure on this, so need quotes by 8th April (Wednesday next week)

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Nik - congrats on getting what I think is the right end of the race report stuff right for the mag! Others mileage may vary of course but personally I really couldn't be bothered that Jim McTaggart beat Geoff Flapjack by 1:17 in the Wobbley Bottom 70.3 after passing him on the bike and holding him off... zzzzzzzzzzz.... but hearing about the nuances of the course is far more interesting.

I've said so in this month's questionairre too which will be winging its way to you soon :-)

didds

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Flapjack? Beaten? I missed that one.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    ooooooooooooh you tempt me Mr Cone...