Home Chat General Chat

Obsession

I got into tri about a year ago and I've always been active, going to the gym and the like but I'm now doing exercise twice a day most days. Swim in the morning, then a spinning class or interval runs or out on the bike. I also play rugby so need some gym based strength training.

But this week I had to sit on the sofa and do nothing because I was so so tired and going off my food. Classic over training, so I've read.

So there are other like you out there.

Comments

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    There has been alot of talk on here the last week or so about obsession and even tho tri is nearly all i think about didn't think i was. Have decided i needed a day or two recovery cos have been training non stop and it's driving me mad. Have almost had to lock myself in a room to prevent going out and doing something. Do others get like that?
    Mate u got it spot on. i'm a personal trainer and i no all this but didn't even see it coming lol
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I first realised i was turning when i actually started putting off cuts of carpet down for my my bike (mike mad-one) to sit on so it didnt have to stand on a cold tile floor and finding a place in my waredrobe closet for my wetsuit.

Oh and taking the bike into consideration whilst looking for a new house! Kitchen check, bike room check and finally room for nursery check.
    Conehead - How did u get on with the duathlon?
    lol well done. I've had a cough abit like that and during a local 10mile TT wednesday night thought i was going 2 cough my insides up lol. But as u said mate u learnt a few things.