Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit giggle

Well I met the mighty Conehead today.

I almost felt like I should have bowed or licked his shoes when he walked in the room. What a genuinely nice chap.

Anyway, TEAM LAWS is under way - my new wetsuit is cool.

I flew home ( I was in the car not on the bike sadly) and I disappear into the bedroom to try it on.

Cue 10 mins of swearing and general cursing - could I get the blasted thing done up!!!

I was prancing about in the mirror thinking to myself how good I look when my lovely 3 year old daughter walks in and says " Daddy, why do you look like a silly Daddy"!!!

So I decided to take it off - cue another 10 mins trying to get the thing off again...... I fear I better get some practice in - 1st open water swim booked up for this weekend.

How excited am I :):)

Comments

• hazohazo Posts: 18
    Best of luck for the weekend. Sounds like you just need a bit more practice.

Hope your daughter hasn't been too badly effected by finding her dad dressing up in the bedroom[:D]

I'm competing at Goring this weekend - 'Hairy leg' Duathlon, so no wetsuit needed - unless I get knocked into the Thames on the bike ride that is.

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    i hope you didn't do my trick mate.....i had mine on backwards...i even went swimming with it on backwards.....i would have looked a right numpty if i turned up at an event and put it on backwards....lol
  • JuniacroodeJuniacroode Posts: 51
    Haha, maybe paint a big white circle bit on the front and tell her you're practicing to be a penguin :)

Was great to meet you your family today. What you are doing is just amazing, Go Team Laws!!

Ditto on meeting Conehead, what an unbelievably nice and generous man (hope this doesn't ruin his street cred).
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Oh , I have donated to your wonderful charity.

You'll easily do this.

Ben x

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Where are you swimming this weekend?
    Heading for Southwater.... It's the closest to me ( about 30 mins in car) and you have to technically join their tri club for £30 Pa then they allow you in their little lake.

So for £30 a year I can do as much as I like.

I'm going to ring them up tomorrow to double check it's all kosher

www.southwatersports.co.uk/index.htm

It's just to get a taster on what it's like.

I'm also looking at this venue which is the same distance from me

http://www.windmilers.org.uk/Open-water-swimming-2008.html

I'm not a member of the running club but am going to ring up and see if they take individuals on an ad hoc basis

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    If you're ever up for a trip to Heron Lake let us know. Meeting Clarkey and Scott there this weekend.
    Heron lake sounds cool thanks for the offer Jonhinio.. I may take you up on that offer..

Conehead - don't worry about the shoulder blades mate - I struggled to get my legs in properly. LOL

Thanks again and for all your help.

PS - Ewan liked you - you should be chuffed with that - he's a bit wary of people he's never met before.

Olivia said you looked like a Policeman LOL