Home Chat General Chat

Will I get lost?

stcstc Posts: 3
Hi, I am new here and just have a question about my very first novice tri this weekend. Its in Tiverton and is 200m pool, 22km bike and 2.5km run.

My question is probably going to sound very naive but what I am worrying about is, will the bike and run route be clearly marked on the day so that I won't get lost if I am so far behind everyone else that i have no one to follow? Or should I try and check the route out before hand? What do other people do?

Sara

Comments

• BEEFBEEF Posts: 43
    HI STC

I did my first Tri last Oct at Stratford and felt the same as you about getting lost but the route was clearly marked with signs and marshalls. The Tiverton bike route is very straight forward with the only minor issues being 2 roundabouts close after leaving transition but they will be marshalled.

The run is all tarmac and should be clearly marked and marshalled too.

Bike route: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/tiverton/542739227984
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    You won't be last & alone...you will be following the arrows & marshalls, remember to say thank you as you fly by.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    You'll be fine. There will be signs and marshalls to indicate every point you have to turn off somewhere.
  • stcstc Posts: 3
    Thankyou for your replies. I feel much more relaxed about Sunday now. Cheers!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    fel exactlt the same as you ot first tri last weekend but marshalls on bike route at every turn

also drove round both routes night before as talk round made the hill down sound really scary - it wasn't, the hill up the other hand[:D] Definitelt worth it for bike as had a better feel for what was coming up i.e. places that cars could jump out and eat me