Home Chat General Chat

Uncomfortably numb

Hi all

first year at this malarkey and having a great time but one niggly issue - anybody experience numb feet after a bike run? Started with standard issue pedals with running shoes and thought that might be causing it. However, recently changed to cleets etc and still experience numb feet and lower leg. Bike runs are varying from 20-40km - maybe its normal and i should just get on with it?

cheers

bri

Comments

• CCSCCS Posts: 53
    I get this too (in fact worse with bike shoes / clipless pedals).

I found that doing up the shoes a bit looser, and remembering to wiggle your toes around every now and then while cycling helps.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Im no expert but I would guess its something to do with bike set up, maybe seat height/position? Try different postion of saddle and heights of seat.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sfuller is right there but one thing to add is are your cleats in the correct position for you?
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I had the same problem, and as baz said, I moved the cleats back a bit and didnt tighten the shoes up as much. Problem sorted.
  • britribritri Posts: 6
    thanks everybody for the replies, very useful - off to the bike shop to get a "suits you sir" moment....