Home Chat General Chat

Are there any members in the Kent area

I am just tring to get into triathlons and was wondering if there are any members on here that take part iin triathlons in the kent area particularly in the Sittingbourne area. how do you train ? where do you train ? Are you a member of a club ? which one ? I look forward to your replies xxxpancho

Comments

• jasejase Posts: 47
    Hi there xxx

Yep I am Kent based and there are loads of clubs in the area.

Takea look here - [color=#810081]http://www.britishtriathlon.org/clubs/results.php?club_name=&region=South+East&Submit=Search[/color]

I am a member of Larkfield AC which has the triathlon side fo the club the TriLarks.

The triathlon club trains with the AC on Tue and Thur running, with the Larkfield swimming club on Thur after running and does cyclking sessions on Wednesday either roads in the summer or turbo sessions in the winter. Take a look at the Larkfield AC website http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/home.htm

I do open water swimming training at Leybourne Lakes which is open most evenings in the summer. You have to go through a bit of a swim test before they let you jump in on your own (email [email=mike@teamoutrageous.com][color=#e87017]mike@teamoutrageous.com[/color][/email]) but it is well worth it and excellent experience. I would recommend it before racing.

Appreciate these place are a few miles from Sittingbourne but hope this helps and gives you a bit of a start.

Jase

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Not going to be much help but I'm from Sittingbourne...

... I escaped.....

.. don't think they've noticed.....

Will possibly be doing some bike training around the North Downs later this year.
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    I'm from the Tunbridge Wells area-doing the North Downs 30km on Sunday if anyone is around?
  • maltesermalteser Posts: 25
    also live in Kent (Medway to be precise) and Swim in Leybourne with Mark Russell.

will be looking up the Larkfield ppl to find out a bit more and see if I can join a few training sessions.

I'm a complete novice and looking to do my first tri this season - I'm signed up for the London sprint but may be trying to do a race before.