Home Chat General Chat

daft obersavation

PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
During an outdoor swim session the other night I was matched stroke for stroke, length after length by a wetsuited female swimmer.

The thought dawned on me afterwards was that this had been the longest I had been horizontal with a female other than my wife for over 12 years.

I just thought I'd share that with you all.

Anyone else got any daft training observations?

Comments

• PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    obersvation = observation obviously
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Mind elsewhere I guess, won't ask where though!
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Honestly, my mind was only where it should have been, and nowhere my wife would have any complaint with.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I recall in the Rother Valley Tri last year it was cold and honking with rain and after my first seriously crap OW swim (I'm better - now it's just crap) I was about to herniate going up this hill on the bike when I saw a couple loading up their car with golf clubs and thought 'look at those soft sods going golfing in this weather'
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    It must be the open water thing....couple of weeks ago on a chilly Sat morning at Top Barn lake, wading in expecting that cold shock around the bottom of your wet suit zip & finding the water much warmer than air temp...so 3 blokes dressed in rubber standing there waist deep in water going 'oooooh thats nice, well better than I thought.'......I think I am correct in saying we all did a little hip shimmy too...