Home Chat General Chat

London to Brighton this weekend

Any other forumites doing it? Me and the missus set off at 8.30, I'm #18462.

Comments

• j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I am indeed, there are 8 of us doing it twice. We have a 06:00 start for the first leg and the 2nd leg will begin as soon as we get back!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Good luck to all L2B'ers this weekend, especially j27rt and the other 'double' idiots!

I did l2b last year and while it was a bit too much faffing around I did enjoy the ride. Just watch out the really busy hills where everybody crams up together and there is barely any elbow room. Especially, watch out for 'London Dynamo' nobbers barging their way up shouting "Coming through, coming through!" at everybody.

Happened to me last year... a bunch of them almost took me out. I think, on reflection, that was probably the most appropriate, best timed and well meant "Oh f**k off!" of my life.

They all looked knackered when I passed them at the top of the beacon.
  • Hi all

Can you tell me where I head towards to get to the start of the ride?? Never done it before and I am a little worried about getting lost Should I head towards the clapham tube station?

Thank you
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I'm doing it with my work lot... 32 of us!!!! Some ok cyclists and some people have not had a bike for 20 years so we shall be spread out I'd say.

If you see a skinny bloke on a Red spec allez elite with a London Ambulance Service L2B T shirt on then that's me... come and say Hello.

With regard to finding the start - there are 10's of thousands of people aiming for the start... just follow the masses. Head for Clapham Common southside and you can't go wrong.

See you all out there.